Being a spectator?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
imagine you wasn't good or confident to play a game that someone else was playing. So you watch it instead of playing, because they're much better at it than you and you don't want to look like a total fail. :p

have you ever been down this road? or are you generally skilled at games?

imagine you wasn't good or confident to play a game that someone else was playing. So you watch it instead of playing, because they're much better at it than you and you don't want to look like a total fail. :p

have you ever been down this road? or are you generally skilled at games?
Wow this sounds not fun at all. I've watched people play video games because it's fun to watch but not play, but no, I don't just watch games cause I feel like I couldn't be good. Then again, the types of games where people get good at are usually multiplayer, which are games I try to stay away from cause they are endless time eaters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikaya and BjFauble
No, not really. The only time I watch gameplay of something is when I'm excited for said game or have no interest in the game at all, but just like the commentary. Tbh I can't imagine being that bad at games to do that lmao

Reactions: Mikaya
I'll encourage each person to do they best

When I was a really little kid, I wouldn't mind watching while my big sister played Resident Evil 2 or Tomb Raider 4 since I used to think those games were fun for me to watch but too scary or difficult for me to play :p

But now I usually play alone because I'm all alone, there's no one here beside me :cry: And I like it better, really :D I can't believe how patient I used to be.

But when I do spectate, which is almost never except when I invite a friend over, I keep quiet or cheer them on and never try to be a backseat gamer :p

Reactions: Mikaya
I used to watch my sister play on the GameCube or the PlayStation (1) when I was 4. She mainly played Tomb Raider (we had three of them on the PS1), Zelda Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask (because we had a bonus disk with the console, it was Zelda: Collector's Edition).
And when my second sister joined, I watched them playing Mario Kart. The funniest was their reaction.

As for now, the only person who watch me playing (when I'm on the Wii or on the Xbox)... is my little brother.

Reactions: 18
I used to watch other play games just to get what the game was about and to try and understand how to play the game. Having an up close look helps a person more accurately gauge whether or not a game is right for them. Nowadays, the only time I watch someone play is online watching tournaments or a Let's Play.

Back