Best action in MH (4U or others) ?

• Thread starter Hayleia
  • Start date
Hayleia

Hayleia

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Thought we could share some actions we were proud of.

Just today, we were hunting a Rathian and a Gravios in Primal Forest. I am G2 and the 3 other ones are HR3, so I already did that quest several times and I know I just have to take the shortcut to get directly to the zone where the Rathian is.

I get there. I throw a paintball that will be of no use to us. Then I mount it and make it fall. The three other ones come in the zone right at this moment (they didn't take the shortcut). We give it all we've got. It gets paralyzed by my weapon before getting back on its feet. We keep giving it all we've got. It gets stunned by someone's weapon before getting unparalyzed. We keep giving it all we've got. It falls before getting out of stun condition. We keep giving it all we've got. It dies.

Fastest Rathian ever. Even a Seltas would have lasted longer :p

So, what are the actions you've done and are proud of ?

Reactions: 18
the accomplishment i'm most proud of was back in the 3ds version of 3U. since none of my friends had the game (only 2 even had a 3ds) i had to solo through everything. it was fun for a while in the guild quests, but then came the quest to get into g rank. i had to have died at least 30 times before i somehow beat the goldbeard ceadeus. i swear, only 1 of my deaths wasn't from when he uses the water laser at the top of the ruins. it's still the hardest quest i have ever beaten, and i'm in G3 now.

Reactions: Hayleia
By biggest achievement in 4u?
Well as I literally just got the game not much. Probably realising that if you carry your poogie outside you can get your palico to ride on it, that made me laugh.

My biggest achievement so far has been beating Mark of a Hero in 3U.

Sill playing the demo and got my butt kicked so hard in the intermediate quest, trying to learn the bow... Next time I pick up a new weapon, I'll begin with the Beginner quest, but still, I'm proud of what I learned so far about the game ^^ Can't wait to have the full version of it!

My best moment was when I beat the Tetsucabra in 15 minutes. I was soloing in Experienced Mode and used the regular lance.

Reactions: Hayleia
I just left the best hunting session I've ever done. We were 4, all G2 at first, and we all finished G3.
Thanks a lot to Patrick, Alice and Oz for that wonderful time, whoever they are :)

And I am posting here because we obviously did a wonderful action (among other ones). We set a shock trap in which the Chaos Gore Magala didn't fall at first, but my weapon's skill triggered paralysis on it, so we (as usual) gave it all we've got and managed to cut its tail. The tail-cut animation actually propelled the monster in the trap :p

Too bad we can't record hunts.

This doesn't exactly fall in this topic since it's more of a good moment than of a good action but I am too lazy to create a new topic :p

I joined 3 people who were willing to hunt a G-Rank Apex Rajang (lol). I noticed two of them were wering Mizuha sets so I changed my Kaiser X into Mizuha for the lolz. The third person was not in the hall, changing equipment... and when he came, he had Mizuha too XD

The chat was now "lol" and "now that's a party". Someone started to do the Prance gesture and we all followed. That was so ridiculous I took photos and videos of that moment with my phone :D

And there is not even a sad note in this story since we even managed to hunt that G-Rank Apex Rajang lol.

Reactions: Iridium Winter
I'll probably be the only one to post here but whatever, it's not my fault if weird things happen to me :p

Auto Paralysis

We were doing Ring Hollow. B.Tets, A.Rathalos and Gravios.

The Rathalos was flying, and I was on a ledge. I thought it was too far... but jumped anyway :p
I have no idea why it worked but it made it fall. The three other players started to attack it, but instead of joining them, I climbed back on the ledge, and jumped as soon as it was back on its feet. It made it fall again... but the other players were still into their combos, and I took a hammer (or similar) hit that made me fly towards the Rathalos I just sent to the ground (just after I touched the ground), I attacked and mounted it :p

And against the Gravios, I did something that doesn't really fit the "best action" category, but it was so ridiculous I'll tell it anyway. I have Psammophages, they paralyze. So I jumped from a ledge (still the same one btw :p) to mount the Gravios and all hits connected. One of them actually paralyzed the Gravios, but the mounting animation started anyway. And my mounting was canceled as soon as I got on the Gravios since it got paralyzed in the meantime, by my own hit :p

Seriously, too bad we can't record hunts.

Reactions: Neofang64
How surprising, it's me again, posting in that topic :p
Don't worry, it will be short this time :p

We were against a Rajang, hitting it as much as we could. Then he started to fall asleep, going to go frenzy. I thought I'd finish my combo before using my wystones... and that's when my Psammophages decided to paralyze, so it didn't go frenzy :p

Back