Best forum software?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
Which is the best forum software in your opinion, from your experience? Great Layout, User interface, features, add-on mods, easy to customize all play a part. State your reasons.

I'd have to say Xenforo. I only used a little previously and I really liked it. Love the user interface, easy to use, nice themes, and simple to customize. Glad this community uses it!.

Same here. I honestly had my doubts at first, because it looked so simple, but after messing around with it and learning how to use it I actually like it a lot more than the vB 3.8.x series.

I've always been more than comfortable working with vBulletin. Maybe because it's been around since the dinosaurs walked the earth, or maybe that their community forums and ease of extensibility are so vast. I purchased my vBulletin 5 Connect License in October of 2012. (Although I've actually only used the vBulletin 4 Suite, because I haven't really gotten familiar with vBulletin 5 yet)

MyBB is also good to work with, and I find that the templates in MyBB are very easy to work with, if you know what you're doing. They have a smaller list of extensions available, however... Maybe because they're a tad more strict with the plugins they'll accept on their site.

Xenforo, easily. Although the site did look really nice on vB back in the day. Too bad the company that bought them completely ruined it.

I like Xenforo and IP.Board, which another community I visit uses. It has a nice layout, features like IP.Chat (which you have to pay for though).

vBulletin is my favorite. Though I haven't had much luck in finding any vBulletin forums I'd want to join. So I stick mostly to small Zetaboards forums.

Guys i really love all you're suggestions they are cool but i don't like when they ask a lot of money to pay to get permission to create a forum but there some lower price

Probably XenForo. vBulletin just doesn't look or function that well after spending time with XenForo.

Guys i really love all you're suggestions they are cool but i don't like when they ask a lot of money to pay to get permission to create a forum but there some lower price

Another Jams post, I see.

Back