Best Marriages in Awakening

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith

Hiding in yo PC looking at yer files!
Towns Folk
I'm getting to the point of the game where I can start sending my characters to the alter :p So who is best to get married to who in your opinion?

Well, your female character with Chrome is the best thing.

Also, there is an equal numbers of girls and boys in this game, so you must save all the characters first.

Well, your female character with Chrome is the best thing.
Also, there is an equal numbers of girls and boys in this game, so you must save all the characters first.

No-no-no-no-no!!!
Gerome is best for the female avatar. Or Donnel, this is if you want extremely OP characters, it's not really required or anything; experiment with the game and have fun with it!
Note that these characters will give you an über character in terms of strength, so if you didn't choice strength as your asset then you'd probably have a better pair elsewhere.

I recently Married Cordelia, but I was a magic-based character so the children came out well-balanced in everything, including magic, instead of just being over powered with a high capping in one or two centralized stats.

It honestly depends, there's a lot of combinations and skills. You can pass on certain abilities to your kids (The last skill you have equiped on the parents will be inherited, unless it's not inheritable by the children). If you're playing on Normal, then it doesn't really matter; just have fun with the game. ~

If you're playing on Hard, it might matter. If you're playing on Lunatic/+ then you sure as heck better have gone through and prepared with excellent matches. I'm not sure how far you are in the game, but if you marry Chrom with Sully, or Sumia, his kid will be very versatile. Sully and Chrom will make a combination that's nearly unbeatable if you pass on Aegis to his kid the chapter you get em'. Chrom and Sumia will make a very speedy and skillful character that may dodge a lot, but can't truly stand up against hordes like the other combo can.

How far are you in the game? What mode are you playing? I can better answer your questions with those details.

No-no-no-no-no!!!
Gerome is best for the female avatar. Or Donnel, this is if you want extremely OP characters, it's not really required or anything; experiment with the game and have fun with it!
Note that these characters will give you an über character in terms of strength, so if you didn't choice strength as your asset then you'd probably have a better pair elsewhere.

I recently Married Cordelia, but I was a magic-based character so the children came out well-balanced in everything, including magic, instead of just being over powered with a high capping in one or two centralized stats.

It honestly depends, there's a lot of combinations and skills. You can pass on certain abilities to your kids (The last skill you have equiped on the parents will be inherited, unless it's not inheritable by the children). If you're playing on Normal, then it doesn't really matter; just have fun with the game. ~

If you're playing on Hard, it might matter. If you're playing on Lunatic/+ then you sure as heck better have gone through and prepared with excellent matches. I'm not sure how far you are in the game, but if you marry Chrom with Sully, or Sumia, his kid will be very versatile. Sully and Chrom will make a combination that's nearly unbeatable if you pass on Aegis to his kid the chapter you get em'. Chrom and Sumia will make a very speedy and skillful character that may dodge a lot, but can't truly stand up against hordes like the other combo can.

How far are you in the game? What mode are you playing? I can better answer your questions with those details.

I actually finished the game... :p
I played it 2 times, the first time I played it on casual mode and normal difficulty (I wanted to enjoy the story first) and the second time in classic mode with hard difficulty...

If I want to play it again in my summer vacations (January), I think I will need a guide or something, because I want to play it again in Lunatic difficulty and Classic mode.

I can't remember the game at all, because I played and finished it six months ago.
(I want to forget the game first, and later play it again :p)

I actually finished the game... I played it 2 times, the first time I played it on casual mode and normal difficulty (I wanted to enjoy the story first) and the second time in classic mode with hard difficulty...
If I want to play it again in my summer vacations (January), I think I will need a guide or something, because I want to play it again in Lunatic difficulty and Classic mode.
I can't remember the game at all, because I played and finished it six months ago.(I want to forget the game first, and later play it again )

Uhh. . . good for you. =D
Sorry if I confused you; I wasn't asking you what mode you were on. I was asking Demonskeith. . . so, yeah. . .

I just went ahead and married him with my avatar.

I'm playing normal with casual setting. I'm at chp 11.

Reactions: Flarence
Ahh okay then, I guess it doesn't really matter as much then, have fun!

I tried Lunatic mode today...
Nop, that doesn't works.

Well, I think it's time for Shin Megami Tensei IV instead.

still like to know who is better for when I do more insane modes.

still like to know who is better for when I do more insane modes.

Alright then, I can help you. ~

These opinions of mine are completely biased, they aren't true facts, so keep that in mind. . .

First off, decide what your build is, before you get into a harder mode. If your character's flaw is Strength, then he/she marrys someone that is top-notch in magic, their children won't turn out with the greatest stats.

Also keep in mind what classes you want the children to have for your overall stat bonuses. Certain characters provid better stats. The stats increased are the obvious highest/soonest capped stat.

Decent marriages
(For strength)

Asset: Strength, Male Avatar ~ Manakete (Doesn't matter whom)
Asset: Strength, Male Avatar ~ Chrom's daughter
Asset; Strength, Male Avatar ~ Cordelia/Severa
Donnel ~ Anyone (Provides a good luck boost as well)
Stahl ~ Anyone

For magic:
Magic Asset Avatar ~ Lissa/Meirel/Maribelle/Tharja
Ricken ~ Meireil/Maribelle/Tharja
Henry ~ Meireil/Maribelle/Tharja

For speed/skill;
Gauis ~ Sumia/Cordelia
Chrom ~ Sumia
Lonqu ~ Sumia/Cordelia
Avatar; (speed assest; nearly any assest, actually, unless it's a flaw) ~ Cordelia/Sumia/Lucina/Severa/Lissa/Maribelle/Cynthia/Say'ri

For Defense:
Avatar with Def. asset ~ Kjell/Sully/Nah/Nowi/Tiki/Cherche
Sully ~ anyone
Kellam ~ anyone
Frederick ~ anyone
Stahl ~ Anyone

And last, Resistance:
Avatar: Sumia/Cordelia/Maribelle/Cynthia/Nah/Tiki/Nowi
Cordelia ~ Anyone
Sumia ~ Anyone
Maribelle ~ Anyone

Here's a list of my personal best/favorite marriages. ~

Avatar with and asset in Speed or Strength, Flawed in ether Luck or HP. Paired with any Manakete of choice.

Cordelia ~ Donnel
Donnel ~ Cherche
Sully ~ Chrom
Kellam ~ Sully
Nowi ~ Stahl/Donnel

These are marriages to make very OP characters. . . use at your own risk. But be warned! Unless you pass on the right skills to the children, they will fail you~! To pass on a specific skill, make sure it is the last equiped skill on the parent, before you play the chapter to recruit the child. I could continue talking about this forever, if you want a list of amazing skills for the children, just ask. xD

Reactions: ErixSan and Marc
Thanks for the info, though should write up an article and get Marc to post it on the website.

Thanks for the info, though should write up an article and get Marc to post it on the website.

Well, Flarence will help you a lot with this :D

Back