Best Monster Hunter Game to Start With?

• Thread starter Stephen
  • Start date
Stephen

Stephen

Pokemon Trainer
Towns Folk
So I've never played any Monster Hunter game. What game would be best to start off with, and why?

Ive only played MH3U but ill chip in what i know. 3 ultimate is very hard. Its brutal, the tutorial is long, and it takes awhile to get the resources needed to fight a monster. The other games on 3ds i have heard are the easiest games in the series. So do you want a challenge? Or are you just here for a good time?

Reactions: Kadaj
So I've never played any Monster Hunter game. What game would be best to start off with, and why?
well i have only played MH3U on the 3ds and the new generations ultimate for the switch, but between those two MHGU is easier than 3U on the 3ds. luigi is right about MH3U being brutal, tbh i even had a hard time with the low rank quests in tanzia and since the 3ds version doesnt support online multiplayer this could easily become exhausting especially for first timers, that was the only other monster hunter ive played besides the recent one on the switch and the early quests for me were much easier on generations ultimate than they were on 3U for the 3ds. not to mention what i felt about the underwater controls, due to the lack of button variety the 3ds has underwater fighting was incredibly aggravating to me. fortunately on the switch i dont have to worry about my reflexes with the camera controls being fast enough thanks to the joy cons. if you wanna start with something easier, than get generations ultimate. if you want it more brutal, get monster hunter 3 ultimate or any earlier monster hunter game (if available). all depends on if you wanna start easy or go hard or go home so to speak :p

Back