Best setup for Aegislash

• Thread starter Onide
  • Start date
Onide

Onide

3797 - 6830 - 2586
Towns Folk
Hello everybody! I need help regarding my Aegislash. What Nature/IV/EV will best suit him for competetive battling, and what moveset?

This is what I use :

Aegislash w/ Air Balloon or Leftovers (Adamant nature)
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 Speed

Moves :
  • King's Shield
  • Shadow Sneak
  • Sacred Sword
  • Iron Head
I recently replaced Sword Dance with Iron Head and to tell you the truth, Shadow Sneak needs Sword Dance IMO. Without a +1, Shadow Sneak isn't going to hurt that much.

So maybe it's best just to use King's Shield, Shadow Sneak, Sword Dance and Sacred Sword with a speed reducing nature. If the Pokemon resists fighting-type moves, get +3 and spam shadow sneak, :woot:

The speed reducing nature is good if you want to take hits while you're in shield form and dish out damage while knowing you're safe, but it's easy to predict a King's Shield with this version.

You can also run a mixed attacker or a special attack version with shadow ball and flash cannon, however, I personally prefer a physical attack Aegislash for the priority stab move (Shadow Sneak).

The one @Marc suggested is so far the best moveset and EV spread for Aegislash. You can even play mindgames with the opponent and give your Aegislash

252 Atk/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 HP
Hold Item Spooky Plate
  • Shadow Ball
  • Sacred Sword
  • Shadow Sneak
  • King's Shield
I know it looks stupid but once you use it the correct way you'll see how devastating it can prove to be in an effective team. Otherwise just go with what Marc suggested. Don't use Swords Dance, It'll get you killed, lol.

Well I think a good item for it is the Weakness Policy in my opinion. If you use King's Shield/Swords Dance properly on a physical attacker you may be able to use Shadow Sneak and do some hurt.

Back