Best Teams/Advice For Wifi Battle Tower/Subway?

• Thread starter Artisan
  • Start date
Artisan

Artisan

Hard At Work
Forum Moderator
As you might not know there is still the ability to play this competitive mode thanks to fan servers. It's literally insane how hard it can get from the first battle, but the reward iirc is 10BP for seven trainers beaten in a row. Here's some quick takes:
Everything imaginable in OU is being played. Garchomp, Metagross, Salamence, Skarmory, Swampert just in my first new run. They got coverage too and reads don't exist, they know what you are doing to a T. Anyways I think it is very rewarding if you have the setups ready. IMO a lot of teams depend on being offensive and having good stats from the ground up. Scarf, Band, and Specs I'd recommend or even a weakness coverage berry. If you need help getting/finding good IVs and have a lot of time I recommend you hit me up or search RNG abuse and breeding mechanics to minimize it. I also don't think Rotom forms were allowed in Gen 4 because I tried it and went unprepared so good to know.

The toughest and most demoralizing team I remember that gen was led by a really fat DD Rest Kingdra and ended by a Salamence. I think all the really tough fights I remember from that ladder had double dragons, but I also only remember capping at around 48 wins that gen, as opposed to ORAS and Sun where I had 89 and 75 streaks...

I'd say my gen 4 choices were ruled by pride, so I'd swear by things like Soul Dew Luster Purge Latios and Sand Veil Cacturne (I'd get down with Cacturne anyday #datnevaendincactussummerdreamsogforrealsbro). A team would be like Hippowdon, Cacturne, Empoleon; Sub SD Veil Chomp/gliscor, tran, Latios; No Guard DP Machamp, Latios/Metagross, LO Special Ttar; but like I said ruled by pride... If I had to pick right now, I'd probably pick something like that last one, but Latios was my gen 3, 4, mvp... And Dnite... I had ten Dnite builds and like nine ttar builds... Lol, I got down with my favorites.

Rotom was banned and that's back when Sal was uber, bruh, memories!

I'm digressing super far, but I guess that gen and my best friend defined my play style today. I still lean toward my favorites and do what I want in my choices and EVs, I still rely heavily rely on Psychic, Dragon, and Fighting types (#latimvpforareason), and when I get creative and build according to my interests I still create some disgusting bulky offense teams, lol, I think a younger me would be proud, no?

I'd probably go with something like this today:

Machamp @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Recover

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Stone Edge / Superpower / Toxic
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

If I had to give advice, I'd say run coverage to hit all common types and pick pokemon fat enough to take super effective hits; don't rely too heavily on glass cannons, and stall for life and nothing else!!!

Take that last part seriously! Another tip I'd add is if you're going to run something that has to set up, don't run anything that takes longer than one turn to set up, buggy boy.

Reactions: Marc
Take that last part seriously! Another tip I'd add is if you're going to run something that has to set up, don't run anything that takes longer than one turn to set up, buggy boy.
Double Team Power Trick Shuckle FTW! :pepe:

I made a mono bug team specifically for Palmer runs. Here's what it's like:

Yanmega (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Hypnosis
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Ancient Power

(Alt)
Yanmega (F) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Ancient Power
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
IVs: 28 SpA
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Wormadam (F) @ White Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 222 SpA / 36 Spe
Ability: Anticipation
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Signal Beam
- Skill Swap
- Psychic

It really plays like checkers with this team. I'm willing to try new teams but I'm working from the ground up this Gen since I wasn't into perfect stats back then.

I think that group can still lose out to mono steel, but gen 4 doesn't really have a lot of options for bugs to combat steel. Did you consider ground type wormadam

I think that group can still lose out to mono steel, but gen 4 doesn't really have a lot of options for bugs to combat steel. Did you consider ground type wormadam
I do have one but I liked the water coverage better. Heracross is pretty good at that but CC's drawback means I need to switch it out so I see what you mean.
Wormadam-Sandy (F) @ Expert Belt/Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Ability: Anticipation
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Bug Bite
- Giga Impact
I also think it would be better to invest in SpD just as a personal preference.

I did have plans for Scizor to just heal and attack but I never liked the idea of it

Back