Gen 6 Bizzare fun strategies using Trick-or-Treat and / or Forest's Curse!

• Thread starter Tho
  • Start date
Tho

Tho

An old-school gamer & anime freak!
Banned User
Ok, so just for fun I started wondering if these two moves can make things more interesting in battles when used on your allies to cover some of their weaknesses! I want you to post in this thread a Pokemon that loses most of it's weaknesses (eg:half of them) after one of these moves has been used on it! I'm actually trying to think if there's any possible type combination that can become completely weakness-free with these, but I also want to experiment with others too! Post only ONE PER POST! I'm not looking for battling sets, just Pokemon and how their typings will change to give them more immunities / resistances while nullifying most of their weaknesses, but please try to post competitively viable Pokemon, not just anything random unless it becomes completely weakness-free! When you post something, post it's original typing, immunities / resistances / weaknesses / etc. before AND after the type change and which move you used! Point out what has changed by putting them in BOLD so it's clear to understand and feel free to add a small comment on the changes! Also, please don't bother with pure normal types, normal / psychic types or fairy types!

I'll go first and give an example of what I'm looking for:

Pokemon: Sawsbuck
600px-586Sawsbuck-Winter.png

Type: Normal / Grass

sawsbuck.png

after Trick-or-Treat:

Type
: Normal / Grass / Ghost

Damaged normally by:
Rock, Steel, Psychic, Dragon, Fairy, Poison, Bug

Weak to:
Flying, Fire, Ice, Dark

Immune to:
Ghost, Normal, Fighting

Resistant to:
Ground, Water, Grass, Electric

The added Ghost typing gave it two immunities, one of which happened to be a weakness, and evened out the Poison and Bug type weaknesses in exchange for a single weakness to Dark! Also, in case it has Sap Sipper as an ability, it gains an extra immunity to Grass!

Now post your suggestions on what other Pokemon can benefit greatly from either of these moves and remember, only one Pokemon per post! Finally, avoid posting things like Bisharp, because besides turning it's Fighting weakness into an immunity, it only sacrifices it's useful resistances to Dark and Ghost! Suggest things that will actually help more in the long run!

Last edited:
Well, here's one that gets rid of almost all of its weaknesses:

250px-303Mawile.png

Pokémon: Mawile
Type: Steel / Fairy​

Damaged normally by:
Fighting, Ghost, Steel, Water, Electric

Weak to:
Ground, Fire

Immune to:
Dragon, Poison

Resistant to:
Normal, Flying, Rock, Bug, Grass, Psychic, Ice, Dark, Fairy

After Forest's Curse:
Type: Steel / Fairy / Grass
Damaged normally by:
Fighting, Ghost, Steel, Flying, Ice, Ground

Weak to:
Fire

Immune to:
Dragon, Poison (Leech Seed and powder moves)

Resistant to:
Normal, Rock, Bug, Grass, Psychic, Dark, Fairy, Water, Electric

With the added Grass typing, Mawile loses one of its weaknesses making it neutrally-effective and trades its Flying and Ice resistances for Water and Electric. Because of the Steel typing, Poison remains as an immunity. The downside to this type change is that Fire is now a x4 weakness.

Reactions: Tho
Found another one that can work incredibly well!

Pokemon: Hydreigon
635Hydreigon.png

Type: Dark / Dragon

hydr.png

after Trick-or-Treat:

Type: Dark / Dragon / Ghost

Damaged normally by:
Flying, Rock, Steel, Dark, Ghost, Bug

Weak to:
Ice, Dragon, Fairy

Immune to:
Ground, Psychic, Fighting, Normal

Resistant to:
Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Poison

The added Ghost type makes Dark and Ghost type moves hit for normal power, but in exchange it makes Bug type moves such as U-Turn not hit supereffectively anymore, gives it a useful resistance to Poison and completely nullifies it's Fighting weakness by turning it into an immunity, as well as giving it another useful immunity to Normal type moves! This one may even be great to try in the big leagues since Hydreigon has incredible move coverage and really good stats!

Back