Blocked sites?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
so, if you go to school/work etc, there may be certain sites blocked by the filter. Such as fb, YT and others. what do you think of this? are there ways to bypass this system?

so, if you go to school/work etc, there may be certain sites blocked by the filter. Such as fb, YT and others. what do you think of this? are there ways to bypass this system?

I heard there are ways to bypass it, but you might get in trouble for doing this.
As for my school, any website related to gaming are blocked. Even the images on Google are blocked !

I also have stuff like that at my school. But I may or may not bypassed the almost none security they have and may or may not done something illegal suspicous :sneaky:

Reactions: Mikaya
YouTube is blocked. Proxy use. Highly inefficient but necessary :panda:

Reactions: milesose
Well all the proxy sites are prohibited, including some game sites and Youtube. I don't think there's other ways or if there are I don't want to go out of my way to do them.

When I was in school. everything was blocked. There were some flash game sites unblocked such as Miniclip, but as the school figured out about them, they become blocked. A benefit that you get with working from home is using your personal computer alongside your work computer, so nothing is blocked. :p

Reactions: Mikaya
youtube was blocked back then at the university

I have to say when those site are reported as blocked sites they might have a virus in them or spams that's why you gotta be careful of what website you go into who knows what can happen.

Reactions: Mikaya and Mario1992
If you have the appropriate smart phone, then you could always access Facebook ect via them.

In Canada, TDSB (Toronto District School Board) does not filter any of the sites, fortunately. Now here is the catch: They can actually see your browsing data, and every student has a separate account. They can find out what each person downloads/views from the internet.

Back