Blow your NES often?

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith

Hiding in yo PC looking at yer files!
Towns Folk
This is topic for the old school gamers, to anyone who own a NES back in the 90s did you often blown into your NES system or on the game to make it work?

I did, of course I didn't know that the moisture in my breath was ruining it.

Reactions: Marc
I used to give it a slap or two and then it would work like a charm. xD Good'ol days!

Reactions: Marc
to anyone who own a NES back in the 90s did you often blown into your NES system or on the game to make it work?
I did. Only the games.

I never owned one myself, but I always had to blow into my grandma's NES.

I would blow into and slap the hell out of my old NES system and games, always made them work though.

I don't remember, but in the case of Sega Genesis, I did it on the console, not in the cartridge.

I don't remember having a NES, since I was faaaar too young, but I did it with my SNES and the cartridges.

Of course I did... It wouldn't be considered an NES or NES game if you didn't have to do this. I always had to do it for Mario and Duckhunt, pain in the butt games :p

I never did it my brothers use to blow the NES and cartridges, they said I would spoil it if I blew it.

The best way to get NES games to work is to keep the door on the NES open put your fingers on the tabs on the cartridge and wiggle the cartridge, every cartridge has a spot in the NES it will work, it's a method that works 100% of the time for me, but only if you haven't "upgraded" to a top loader. But yeah, the moisture in your breath can screw up a cartridge.

The best way to get NES games to work is to keep the door on the NES open put your fingers on the tabs on the cartridge and wiggle the cartridge, every cartridge has a spot in the NES it will work, it's a method that works 100% of the time for me, but only if you haven't "upgraded" to a top loader. But yeah, the moisture in your breath can screw up a cartridge.
Well how I wish that it had a manual like that in the NES, I always wanted to blow the cartridges, nevertheless I lost of my NES games, and even if they were here with me today I bet it won't be working.

Well how I wish that it had a manual like that in the NES, I always wanted to blow the cartridges, nevertheless I lost of my NES games, and even if they were here with me today I bet it won't be working.
Yeah but if you ever do a get a new NES try the trick out, it's something that's never failed me and I've seen plenty others use it.

Yeah but if you ever do a get a new NES try the trick out, it's something that's never failed me and I've seen plenty others use it.
I am gonna sell mines because I have no games, but that's a great technique if I do find/get a game I will surely do that.

I am gonna sell mines because I have no games, but that's a great technique if I do find/get a game I will surely do that.

Well, if it's an original NES, be sure of have some money for it. (I mean, you can buy games)

Well, if it's an original NES, be sure of have some money for it. (I mean, you can buy games)
Yeah its the original and I hope to sell it for a good bit of money (hopefully) I don't plan to buy games for it.

Yeah its the original and I hope to sell it for a good bit of money (hopefully) I don't plan to buy games for it.
NES' go for about 50$ online, if they're not too yellowed, if they are, then you're looking at about 35$. Not the most in the world but if you don't plan to use the NES, it's a good bit of money.

NES' go for about 50$ online, if they're not too yellowed, if they are, then you're looking at about 35$. Not the most in the world but if you don't plan to use the NES, it's a good bit of money.
Well mines look kind of beat, but I will hope to wait a while, maybe in the future it will go for a good bit of money.

Back