• Thread starter Jisenku
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jisenku

I have an obsession with Tesla >.<
Towns Folk
This is a class taught by Duolingo but will allow you to communicate with "classmates". The reason why I am doing this is that I love Duolingo, but sometimes things don't make much sense, and you have to wait for your question to be featured before you can get an answer, and when you get an answer, you are already have moved on with the next thing. That's why I want to make BlueJ's Japanese, a simple way to get free advice from users and free lessons from Duolingo. I will create assignments to push you to learn, like earn a certain amount of points this week or something like that. I also have a Google Classroom (just go to classroom.google.com and sign in with your personal account, and join a class)

Google Classroom Code: 9f4ifzj
Duolingo for Schools: https://www.duolingo.com/o/dcdqzv (dcdqzv)

I assigned for you to get 50 XP by next Monday to start off (50 XP is about 20 minutes of work)

I just wanna note that Duolingo can actually teach incorrect grammar and pronunciations. From what I've done of the Japanese lessons (and I've done... quite a few), there are multiple mistakes in there which can end up teaching bad habits.

That's quite a big issue across all of duolingo tho, it's a decent resource, but only as a booster for when you know the language well imo.

I just wanna note that Duolingo can actually teach incorrect grammar and pronunciations. From what I've done of the Japanese lessons (and I've done... quite a few), there are multiple mistakes in there which can end up teaching bad habits.

That's quite a big issue across all of duolingo tho, it's a decent resource, but only as a booster for when you know the language well imo.
True, that's why I'm not starting at a certain level, instead, anybody can join to sync their Duolingo account and continue foward. I know that Duolingo isn't the best, but Duolingo with assistance can be absolutely wonderful. It can make a difference with other people, and that's why I made the Google Classroom and thread to ask questions and what not. I am not the teacher in all of these, and neither is Duolingo, it's all of us, working to better our Japanese. I am trying to track assignments and what not, and figure out ideas on how to do this (and it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help moderate) and how it can help people. I just want to connect people and push them to learn Japanese, and maybe support even more languages. (I will basically be reusing stuff from this post if I expand ~BlueJ's Spanish... lol~) Overall, the reason I am doing this is not to teach Japanese, but to let people connect and learn from each other, and that's way better than just Duolingo.

@James, Thanks for joining my Duolingo Classroom... if you can, can you please join the Google Classroom (it helps me communicate with people better and without filling the thread)

The code is 9f4ifzj, and you just go to classroom.google.com and click the plus sign and select 'Join Class'

If you cannot, thank you for joining the Duolingo, and thanks for getting Hiragana 1 done!

Important Notice: Technical Difficulties have led me to delete all assignments until next Monday, until then, you can still keep working, but I need to get a good estimate of how many people will join, so I can automatically assign things to you. Thanks!

btw, thanks to Sky for merging posts!

Last edited:
Start of Posts for September 18th, 2019

I want your feedback on what I should do, and I would love to have some administrators to help with Duolingo and manage the assignments (it's not going to be a whole lot, just making sure that the classroom is active.)

Also, adding resources for Google Classroom and Duolingo, to better your experience

Hehe he he...

1570335663039.png
Get to it (sending PMs)

I remember taking a duolingo course for french and going to my then french best friend to try it out, apparently I called her a umm "female dog" somehow ;D this was quite a while ago though

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku
Updated Duolingo... hehehe

@AricAttack... You have a grate face and grate (this is intentional) last name... mmmm

Of course, I'm not going to share it, but still... eeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back