Books that you wish they would make a movie out of.

• Thread starter kadyabryson98
  • Start date
kadyabryson98

kadyabryson98

AC:NL - The Villager
Towns Folk
I wish they would go ahead and make a Warriorcats movie. On the other hand though I would be scared that it would get messed up and that the film wouldn't do Warriors justice. It could end up being a box office hit like Harry Potter though. I do sometimes feel like not a lot of people really read Warriors and I feel like a movie would get people to read the books more. Seriously Hollywood if you are going to make movies based on books:

1. Pick good series, this doesn't include books Fifty Shades of Grey or Twilight (Sorry to any Twilight fans that I offended, I just don't find the book to be really of good taste for me. As for you Fifty Shades of Grey fans....eww.....just....just eww.)

2.Stick with the book! So many times I see movies stray away completely from the book and this ticks off the fans so much! Please don't change the book's story to where there is a million differences. I'm personally ok with you making changes in small details, but please no large plot changes or large changes in character personality or design. If it is a series don't try to squeeze in more than one book into a single movie. I witness Lemony Snicket try that and we all know how that went. Everything got jumbled up and it was just a disastrous mess. Go the route Harry Potter went and go one book at a time.

3. Make sure you do the right casting for each character. This is important because we care deeply for our characters and we expect you to give them the respect that they deserve. So please give them an actor or actress that will do them justice.

So what are your thought about movies based on books? What books do you wish were adapted into a film.

Reactions: Mira, T-Player Guy, 18 and 1 other person
The problem with turning books I like into movies is that most of my favorite books involve stories with long amounts of internal dialogue and little to no action. "Evil Genius" by Catherine Jinks is a good example. It's a lovely story with engaging characters and such, but transforming it from page to screen would be difficult in my mind, because part of what makes the book so great is the amount of inner dialogue Cadel has with himself. Sure, the first book is full of action scenes, but
the 2nd, not so much. And the action isn't the best part.

A "Warrior" movies would be interesting. I don't know what I'd want with it though. A live-action series would be a little weird, but animation doesn't feel right either. I'd have to see what kind of style they go with though.

Reactions: kadyabryson98
I would love a Warriors movie, I hope they make one soon or just make one overall. Maybe CGI or drawn? I don't know, please Starclan let them make one!

Another book movie adaptation should be Maximum Ride, I know many people who read the book and was promised a movie but it never happened. I would not mind if it was drawn the series was good.

Another one that I read that probably isn't as popular is a book called The House of Many Ways, it's part two to Howls Moving Castle (who knew that that movie was originally a book...I didn't). It's very interesting and I would love to see this.

Reactions: kadyabryson98
I like this thread. :thumbsup:

I'd love for the H.I.V.E. books to be made into films. They're perfect for it. Think Alex Rider meets Harry Potter meets Metal Gear - that's H.I.V.E. I'm pretty sure that if the books had been more popular, they'd have made films out of them or at least the first one. As it is, though, the books had limited distribution and never got as much fame they deserve, so there isn't a hope.

Reactions: TheYESDragon and kadyabryson98
I would love a Warriors movie, I hope they make one soon or just make one overall. Maybe CGI or drawn? I don't know, please Starclan let them make one!

Another book movie adaptation should be Maximum Ride, I know many people who read the book and was promised a movie but it never happened. I would not mind if it was drawn the series was good.

Another one that I read that probably isn't as popular is a book called The House of Many Ways, it's part two to Howls Moving Castle (who knew that that movie was originally a book...I didn't). It's very interesting and I would love to see this.

I would want the Warriorcats to be animated in a similar way to guardians of Gahool I never read the books before but I heard from some fans that a lot of the plot was cut off and it made the story a bit confusing. Even though the movie didn't follow the books well I did like the way it was animated, I thought that it was beautifully done. If not for the in accuracy I think it would have been a great movie series. I can't remember the name of the artist but they make a lot of warriors fan art on deviant art and I think that they would be a great animator for the movies.

I'd totally like for the rest of the Alex Rider series to be turned into a movie franchise but knowing that's unlikely/impossibru perhaps, I'd say Artemis Fowl. I really enjoyed the books (and reading the visual novels) and it just seems so tailor-made for a big movie franchise. But I'd say that casting Artemis would pretty much make half of the movie.

Reactions: 18
I love the Warriors series, in fact, the first book series I thought of was Warriors lol. Other than that, there are some really good Warcraft and World of Warcraft books. I'd suggest trying some of Christie Golden's books, my favorite one is Lord of the Clans. I'd love to see it be a movie.

Two books I'd like to see turned into movies are The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx and This Book Is Full of Spiders by David Wong.

The Heroin Diaries was an amazing read, especially for someone who has gone through a similar hardship in life, although sadly, I don't think a movie would capture the essence of the book although if they used the music by Sixx AM, I do think it may be able to work out well.

This Book is Full of Spiders is one of the books I've read repeatedly since purchasing it. The writing is really funny and really sad at the same time. Making a good Horror-Comedy is a very hard thing to do though, but they did manage to do a somewhaat good job with the first book (John Dies at The End

Reactions: 18
The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx

The Heroin Diaries was an amazing read, especially for someone who has gone through a similar hardship in life, although sadly, I don't think a movie would capture the essence of the book although if they used the music by Sixx AM, I do think it may be able to work out well.
I'd totally approve, just like I approve of your choice in books and music. :p I think Sixx AM's music from the accompanying album will end up being used in a section of a documentary on Nikki Sixx... after he dies. I'm certain it'll happen >.<)/

Huh. I'm actually really glad I read this. The Warriors series was actually really good. It had a strong story, and really cool and memorable characters with the same survival/romance vibe of other books written for teens. Definitely not a book to be looked over, and therefore, without a doubt, worthy of a movie.

1.They could make a great splatterfilm out of a old german childrens book called "Der Struwwelpeter" and it sequel(forgot the title),its some pretty messed up stuff
2.A dark (and actually good,unlike what we had yet) horror adaption of Grim´s Fairytales would be nice,
i mean its perfect stuff for a horrorfilms,someone even gets killed by being baken in an oven
3.A dark humored adaption of the german childrens book "Max & Moritz",since multiple people are literally killed in quite absurd ways

Flip by Martyn Bedford. All of my YES! That was a fantastic book! Best book I have ever read after A Series of Unfortunate Events and Bunnicula: A Rabbit Tale Mystery! Flip just deserves a movie. Of course the book will always be better, but why not XD

A Series of Unfortunate Events had a movie as well, but I was disapointed at it. It just took some scenes from different series and put it into one movie. I expected more, oh well. It was good, but good as I expected.

Bunnicula: A Rabbit Tale Mystery is a very old book. It was also the first book l read. The book is amazing, and I just found out it's a book series! So l'm gonna to find the second series and read it! It needs a movie. I believe the movie will be perfect as the book.

I've seen some scenes on Youtube of Maxinum Ride, l believe there is a movie. I think there's also a manga as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a book called The Watcher In The Shadows. It would be a great dark and freindship movie. Also, James Dashners Eye of Minds would be an amazing movie.

Back