BOTW 2 New Timeline?

• Thread starter Jmgrm
  • Start date
Jmgrm

Jmgrm

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
What do you think about the new timeline generated in the Demo of Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity? There is any possibility to see these timeline in BOTW 2?

Well its not really a new timeline. It can be added to the already existing zelda timeline. Botw is supposed to be at the end of 3 different timelines. The original timeline is split into 3 different timelines at ocarina of time. But botw connects all 3 timelines and joins them back to a single timeline. age of calamity is officially part of the timeline and it will be placed before botw joining the 3 timelines. It wont have a seperate timeline because its the same link and zelda as botw. And since botw 2 is a direct sequel, it will be placed right after botw continuing the straight timeline.

I think I typed too much stuff lol. You should check out the timeline in the legend of zelda encyclopedia. Its pretty cool. I can send you a link to read the full book online if you pm me.

• Funny
Reactions: Dark Link, Mizunil and Jmgrm
I would answer this, but I don't get the zelda timeline. I watched an unraveled about it (which I would really reccomend) and that made it even more confusing.

Reactions: Mizunil
tbh, i dont think i like the new BOTW....it actually looks like that one game for PS where u r a demi-god...or something, but u take on huge hoards of enemies. forget what its called tho. i think BOTW 1 is way better, tho i still need to buy it.

Reactions: Deepak
I've been thinking about this some more and actually, I think a new timeline is possible. In ocarina of time the timeline split was based on whether link succeeded or if he lost. Since age of calamity happens 100 years before botw, there could be a split on whether they beat ganon or not. In the timeline where they lose, botw takes place. But if they win, then a new timeline could take place. I'm not sure if nintendo would want to complicate the already confusing timeline but it's definitely a possibility.

Reactions: phofufury
I've been thinking about this some more and actually, I think a new timeline is possible. In ocarina of time the timeline split was based on whether link succeeded or if he lost. Since age of calamity happens 100 years before botw, there could be a split on whether they beat ganon or not. In the timeline where they lose, botw takes place. But if they win, then a new timeline could take place. I'm not sure if nintendo would want to complicate the already confusing timeline but it's definitely a possibility.
i didnt know Legend of Zelda was so deep, i only recently found out about different timelines... I think im more of a fan now cuz i enjoy different timelines and time travel, i just need to really research it all now lol

i didnt know Legend of Zelda was so deep, i only recently found out about different timelines... I think im more of a fan now cuz i enjoy different timelines and time travel, i just need to really research it all now lol
I'll send you the links for some of the books!

I'll send you the links for some of the books!
that'd be chill, thx man!

Reactions: Deepak
Back