AC:NL Bought new leaf today: any tips?

• Thread starter Auron
  • Start date
Auron

Auron

"Not everyone has to follow the same path" - Seiya
Towns Folk
Hey guys, I picked up this game today. Seems pretty awesome, but it also seems like there are indeed some tips and tricks the need to be learned. does anyone have any beginner suggestions, tips or tricks? Thanks in advance!

When you get a chance, head to the island where you have to take the boat. You can catch a fortune in beetles and sharks that show up especially during autumn and the summer. Perfect fruit are also good especially if you use those from outside your town.

Thanks for the tip! This game is very fun. Im liking it alot. how does one tell if an item is rare or hard to get? I have a couple of items. that well, in my opinion look "rare" or very cool. but since this is game day two I highly doubt it. but still, is there a way to tell?

Hoard as many axes, flowers, saplings as you can! Once you start modeling your town, you will need a lot of these.

If you plan on putting roads with patterns, plan ahead. Rocks and houses can mess your plans fast enough... Talk to you villagers often, they might have requests for you! Talk to every NPCs too, and buy a lot from the shops on the Main Street, many upgrades require you to have spent a specific amount of bells in the shops.

Each time you catch a new fish or bug, don't sell it! Bring it to the museum! Otherwise, if you plan to fill your museum later on, good luck on finding what you are missing...

Reactions: 3823
Hmmm, :p
  • If you are planning to decorate your town, do it on an Alt, because then you'll be stuck with patterns ;_;
  • There's a money rock in your town every day. Check all the rocks; Dig two holes behind you, and hit the rock, if a money bag falls out, keep hitting it with your shovel.
  • There's also a fake rock, that can make $$$
  • Selling perfect fruits in different towns can make so much money...
  • Pick your house location carefully, you can't change it
  • Bring fossils/bug/fish to the museum.

Reactions: Jeff The Killer
Saving is good stash away at least 100 bells every so often so you will always have money. You can complete the museum but fossils will always get you a lot of money. And if you want a weed free town don't time travel (though I love to time travel) time traveling is fun but the consequence is a nightmare to clean.

I would recommend making an everyday routine, something that you do everyday. Find the bell rock, find the fake rock and get the ore, and find all the fossils.
After that I would recommend buying all the tools and using all of them to catch bugs and donate those to the museum.
Buy at least 1 thing from the Nooklings Store a day because they upgrade and their shop gets bigger.
Try to decorate you house and make it look amazing.
Always talk to animals, do what they tell, and be friendly. They'll give you stuff!
Lastly, write letters with to the animals with gifts attached as they'll also reply and give you free furniture and stuff.

I reccomended every once in a while to deposit some money in the ABD. Overtime the post office will pay you interest depending on how much is in your saving Account. Also, once you have unlocked the dream suite go to the sofa every day and update your town. As a gift they will give you 5000 bells. So, if you visited the dream suite Every day for 5 days and upadated your town you will get 25,000 bells. That Soon will come in handy.

One thing- if you haven't started your game, make sure you choose the position of your house very carefully. If you don't, you will regret it later (like I do :(). ALso, earn many bells and when you get hang of the game, have enough bells, start adding paths and stuff to your town.

One of the things I recommend is that every fossil you get, donate it to the museum don't sell them since the beginning. In a few days some of the fossils will start repeating so those are the ones you will start selling, and in a couple of weeks barely a month (probably a bit more I don't really remember how much it took me) you will complete the fossil rooms of the museum and now you will be free to sell every single fossil you get!

Get into the turnip market. I realized I could make like 10 mil a week in 30 mins after tens of hours on the island. Also buy, buy, buy more and more New furniture and clothes to fill up your catalog. Even if you don't need it just buying and selling is what I do, if you have the money for it.

I would say that the first of first things that you should do is start by customizing your town a bit and make it look unique . At first you may not be able to do all the features at a time but in soon time you will be able to do so . There are also many activities so you can try them and get used to them :)

It may take a little while to get to the island, so just start making money, plant trees, and try to get your house bigger. When you do get to the island, it's a good idea to go at night so you catch lots of woppin expensive beetles. If you run around your town and hit all the rocks with a shovel or axe, then one of them will drop money every time you hit it, and one other one will break and give you a gem. Hope this helps you out! :)

Back