Bowsers Fury Shiny Stars Question - Super Mario 3D World

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
So i tried to find the answer to this several times, but i didnt have any luck for some reason. i have 3 shiny stars on my save for bowsers fury but im not sure what would cause you to not have shiny stars or if theres a way to lose this, but in the main game i heard it happens if you trigger and use the invincibility leaf from dying too much in a level. however i havent seen this spawn at all in bowsers fury, and i didnt have a noticeable amount of deaths until my last 2 cat shines before finishing the story. i died A LOT here.... probably 20-30 times as the shines would no longer repel bowser. most of these deaths were on what seemed like an impossible climb on the island called magmeow mountain (or something along this line), a friend who was watching my first run here told me to go back and try getting a different shinr first and i ended up doing just that after several deaths. the reason this happened was you had to climb the area and get all the cat shards, and there were like zero power ups on the first section and also pretty much nowhere to hide to avoid being hit by bowser.

i tried looping around for him to despawn before this, and i looped around an unusable giga bell for at least 5 minutes and bowser would not escape on his own which convinced me he no longer despawns with enough time. so this forced me to keep going and i ended up going through at least half of my banked power ups.

after all those deaths, i still somehow had shiny stars on my save which was weird. so what exactly keeps us from getting them in this mode? i did not 100% but already had 3 shiny stars by the time i finished the final boss, so i dont think its death count that removes the sparkling either unless it has to a very, very crazy amount of them (100+ deaths). anyone here know what triggers and prevents shiny save stars im bowsers fury?

Back