Bowser's Fury vs Super Mario 3D World

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Now that Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury is out, which do you think is the better buy between the original Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury?

I'm sure by now the original Wii U game can be found for a cheaper price when Bowser's Fury is the usual $59.99 US.

Do you think Bowser's Fury is good enough to pick the game up again if you've played the original game or would you recommend Wii U owners get a cheaper copy on their console?

Probably recommend 3D World unless you already own a Switch and not a Wii U. Other than that Bowser's Fury probably isn't worth it if the same general mechanics are there from the other game. I'd find the couch co-op more fun on 3D World just saying. This is just me from the limited info I know on both games.

I’d say the new one with bowser’s fury. It would have many quality of life improvement. It also runs faster than the original. And the biggest new change is online multiplayer. Online multiplayer looks like it could lengthen playtime significantly. And you get bowser’s fury as an extra.

Reactions: phofufury
I would say 3d + Bowser's Fury.
And you get bowser’s fury as an extra.
you are getting two games at the price of one as well, which is already a good deal. I am not sure how long Bowser's Fury is, but it looks really interesting. I havn't played the orginal 3d world for the wii u, and ig it is cheaper. But with the new one, you are getting better quality, and newer content. It depends, if you don't care for Bowser's Fury, might as well go for the cheaper if you have a wii u.

Bowser's Fury seems similar to the bonus modes they added to the 3DS Mario & Luigi remakes, so I'm not expecting much from it, aside from being a kind of "remake bonus" for people buying these new versions. It looks decent but doubt it would be anything comparable to the main game, especially in terms of length.

That said, I haven't played Bowser's Fury, and it has been a while since I played the original 3D World. Nor do I plan on buying this remake as of now. Don't know exactly what differences there are compared to the original, but I'm not expecting much.

Reactions: phofufury and Duffy
the approach is to add something extra, the baowser fury is a new game in nature it does feel to most as just a bomus extra mode like the 3ds mario and luigi remakes.
they are both fun games and there was people wondering if this game would get switch port in the future.
this game on switch is a visual treat , even more so for people who not play this game on wii u.
this game is a fun expierence more so for younger audiences kids more so than teens and adults although everyone who like mario will find fun in this game.

I have played neither of the games yet unfortunately but I've seen a small bit of gameplay of bowsers fury and I'm deeply interested in trying it out myself. I don't know if I would get it soon. Maybe 3 years from now I'll get it lol. On a serious note, I like bowsers fury because it puts the cat costume in the spotlight. What I've heard is bowsers fury is really short and is like 1 hour of gameplay which kinda sucks/ I thought it was a full game like 3d world. But it's better than nothing at least.

Back