RMT / Team Help Break My Team [OU ORAS]

• Thread starter Kudzai
  • Start date
Kudzai

Kudzai

✽The Oracle✽
Towns Folk
Break My Team
Hello there fellow competitive battlers! Today I have made this thread to request one thing of you; Break My Team. What I mean by this is help me find the weaknesses and threats to my team. I want to see if anyone can help me to fill in the gaps in this team to help it improve. I've been using this team for a very long time now and it had done me well, but as the meta carries on to change, so does my teams viability.

The Team:

376.gif

Metaboss (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
rotom-wash.gif

iWash (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

landorus-therian.gif

Orlando (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 232 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

porygon-z.gif

Windows7 (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse

latios.gif

Latinos (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

terrakion.gif

Terra (Terrakion) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Thank you in advance to anyone capable of giving me any advice :hug:

A lot of your pokemon have high speed stats. Thats great until someone comes in with Trick Room

Reactions: Mr. Kream
A jolly nature dragon dance M-Gyarados (Intimidate -> Mold Breaker) seems like a major threat to your team >.< After a dragon dance, it'll be faster than your scarfed Porygon-Z. Latios may be capable of stopping it if it doesn't have ice fang.

I see not a lot of synergy here. Your entire team could be shut down by a mega salamence, if given it had +1 speed, and was jolly with 252 speed. It could just get started spamming dragon claw, earthquake, return, and keep repeating it until your entire team is annihilated. As Marc said, mega gyarados with +1 attack/+1 speed could sweep your entire team SUPERFAST. This team could use a LOT more Haxorus, which would be a SUPER good asset to counter just about every dragon, and this team needs more Aegislash, as it can be used to counter trick room users.
That's my two sense. But hey, it's your team man. Whatever works for you.

The problem with any team is you can't counter everything so you won't always feel satisfied untill you got a team you actually feel can do a pretty good job in a majority of battles which with what you said seems to be good since you have said you have had your team for a long time and it has done good so ill just give you some of my views on your team and see what you think. it will be my view point so completely ignore it if you like only you knows how to do your team the best.

Firstly You have a pretty good move coverage but in this new meta it is usually really good to have some fairy type moves and some steel or poison type moves for the fairy types since there is a lot of them now.

Secondly you got a good balance of special attack and physical attack which is important and you also got some defence pokemon which is good.

Thirdly with the items i think they are pretty good although me personally with my poragon-z i have the same EV's as you although i like to use choice specs instead of scarf. as usually he is faster then the enemy pokemon unless its a speed hitter then your better off using your other tankier pokemon anyway. I find he has enough speed so i use choice specs so he nearly one shots everyone. and does massive damage to the more tank pokemon. but that is just a personal option you can keep the extra speed if you like so you can safely have to first shot :3

With your EV's i feel like your landerious would be better off with special defence instead of defence because you will probably find he will be getting hit with ice beams and surfs you won't get hit by to many physical attacks unless you switched into him for a physical block.

Other then all that overall i think your team is pretty good! just remember that you won't be able to counter every team so your team will always have something wrong with it. just aslong as you can find ways to beat that most of the team then you got a pretty solid team. and btw i love the names of your pokemon they are awesome XD

@np2016
Yeah I tend to just head into Landorus and switch with Rotom to stall out the turns and wither a foe till they choke

@Marc
Mega Gyarados does 2HKO most few of my pokemon but if it doesn't carry Ice Fang it tends to be Porygon who weakens it and goes into Rotom-W to burn it / what ever comes in if it is scared out. I feel that I can switch up movesets in order to allow myself to get rid of Mega Gyarados rather than switch a Pokemon
@jamesnail12
Aegislash and Mega Salamence are both Uber Pokemon so I don't have to worry about them, but what you've said still counts; certain set up pokemon can sweep me with the right moveset and stragtegic thinking

@Wayne
- I agree I am in need of a fairy move, my only bait for fairies is Terrakion with Iron Head. Once Mega Metaboss is gone I have to rely on a free switch to remove the threat or a good volt switch / u-turn
- I think for Windows7 I'll test out the Specs, I did feel that at times he is better off with more power than speed and only really have him as a scarfer to beat out slower D-Dancers and scarfers
- iWash is my Specially Defensive Wall in this team and Landorus is my Defensive Set-Up, this EV spread allows me to outspeed certain base speed mons, especially Rotom-W with 44 EVs in speed, just so I can u-turn out into Latios for a Psyshock
- Thank you I like to have little nicknames for my pokemon on my team :p

I'll most likely have to find a way around my lack of Fairy typeage and my weakness to Mega D-Dance Gyrados, possibly scarf Terra

Reactions: Eevee
@jamesnail12
Aegislash and Mega Salamence are both Uber Pokemon so I don't have to worry about them, but what you've said still counts; certain set up pokemon can sweep me with the right moveset and stragtegic thinking
You should really make this team a VGC 2015/2016 team so you can use most Ubers mons. All box art legends will be allowed in VGC 2016, so be prepared for the primals, and the only way to combat a Primal is with a Primal or a really OP mega (mega metagross just won't make the cut (weakness to fire punch), but EQ mega salamence resists 90% of primadons out there, so it's a decently reliable glass cannon. Mega Salamence also resists/is immune to most of Groudon's moves, so you don't have to worry about being KO'd in one hit by a primadon. Aegislash is just a great counter to everything fairy, mainly because of the iron head/gyro ball + its slow speed, allowing it to hit super fast fairy types so hard it'll do 80% - AFTER intimidate.

You should really make this team a VGC 2015/2016 team
Ah okay, looks like I'll be taking up VGC in the future then but definitely not with the current team at hand, this is purely an OU ORAS team that I won't be modifying to suit the VGC 2016 layout but will be making a new team or using a previous on I made for a Battle Spot Online Tournament

Run Jolly in Mega Metagross
(This one is a personal recomendation) Use Physically Defensive Rotom over your set, the metagame is too physical, and PD Rotom helps you to patch some weaknesses
Your Landorus is Ok, but give him Stone Edge over either U-Turn or Knock Off
In Latios use Defog over either HP Fire or Psyshock
In Terrakion, use Life Orb over Expert Belt, EB is good on Pokémon that NEED a good amount of HP, but Terrakion apreciates much more that 1.3 damage over the situational 1,1
About Porygon-Z... is not helping your team too much, there are a lot of Pokémon that could use that place and help a lot more
Some options are Starmie, Keldeo, Hydreigon, Chandelure, Alakazam, Shaymin, Hoopa-U, Thundurus, Tornadus-T,Thundurus, Nidoking, Sylveon.
If you want a good Choice Scarf user, there are some different options try to use THIS, to guide yourself ;)

Reactions: Kudzai
Run Jolly in Mega Metagross
(This one is a personal recomendation) Use Physically Defensive Rotom over your set, the metagame is too physical, and PD Rotom helps you to patch some weaknesses
Your Landorus is Ok, but give him Stone Edge over either U-Turn or Knock Off
In Latios use Defog over either HP Fire or Psyshock
In Terrakion, use Life Orb over Expert Belt, EB is good on Pokémon that NEED a good amount of HP, but Terrakion apreciates much more that 1.3 damage over the situational 1,1
About Porygon-Z... is not helping your team too much, there are a lot of Pokémon that could use that place and help a lot more
Some options are Starmie, Keldeo, Hydreigon, Chandelure, Alakazam, Shaymin, Hoopa-U, Thundurus, Tornadus-T,Thundurus, Nidoking, Sylveon.
If you want a good Choice Scarf user, there are some different options try to use THIS, to guide yourself ;)
Why would you run jolly mega metagross? Try adamant or something similar. Jolly is kinda useless on one of the slowest physical attackers in existence besides some Gyro Ball users.
Physically defensive rotom is a definite yes here; the metagame is VERY physical.
His landorus is perfectly fine; Stone Edge would be for power over utility, but I believe his landorus is designed for utility.
Latios doesn't need Defog, that's kinda pointless since Latios is a special attacker.
Terrakion DOES need that life orb, though a scarf could be used on a rock slide set to net some flinches.
Porygon-Z is fine, but there are SO many others that do its job better. Try Hoopa-U for this purpose, since Hoopa-U has MUCH better base stats than Porygon-Z and can hit SO much harder with any STAB +1 move. Heck, a -2 STAB move will STILL hit hard.

Why would you run jolly mega metagross? Try adamant or something similar. Jolly is kinda useless on one of the slowest physical attackers in existence besides some Gyro Ball users.

Stats-Mega-Metagross.png
Im pretty sure 110 Base speed is quite fast

His landorus is perfectly fine; Stone Edge would be for power over utility, but I believe his landorus is designed for utility.

Even utility Landorus may need Stone Edge, to hit stuff like Talon (even when Rotom is in the team), Thundurus and Levitates, but now that I think about it, he has a Terrakion, so he can replace Stone Edge for Knock Off

Latios doesn't need Defog, that's kinda pointless since Latios is a special attacker.

Latios (and Latias) is by far one of the best Deffogers in the game, and having a Offensive Hazard control is not pointless, since in that way you can conserve your offensive momentum whileclearing hazard aways (Latios, Excadrill and Starmie are excellentexamples for this), so having Defog over Psyshock or HP Fire iis never a bad idea

Can I just ask where my special wall would be if I switch my Rotom to become a Physical Wall? it would kind of my my Physical Wall Lando-T redundant. I don't mind putting a Life Orb on Terrakion, in fact it would probably be a better item switch strategically. Hoop U does seem like a good substitute for my Porygon-Z but for now I'll stick with Windows7 until I feel it becomes no longer viable as a cleanup sweeper in the tier

Can I just ask where my special wall would be if I switch my Rotom to become a Physical Wall? it would kind of my my Physical Wall Lando-T redundant. I don't mind putting a Life Orb on Terrakion, in fact it would probably be a better item switch strategically. Hoop U does seem like a good substitute for my Porygon-Z but for now I'll stick with Windows7 until I feel it becomes no longer viable as a cleanup sweeper in the tier

Well, (contrary to popular belief) there is no need to ALWAYS have a Special Wall and a Physical Wall in every team, specially in a team so Offensive. Adding a Wall in this team would only kill momentum. Both of your defensive Pokémon are not Walls, they are Utility (Rotom) and a Offensive Rocker (Lando), a Wall would be something that status, or does little damage to something and then heals itself until the opponent dies (Chansey, Skarmory, Amoonguss)

And yeah, run Hoopa-U over Porygon-Z , since he gives you the Special bulk you are looking for

You're correct I do find myself not really needing Rotom-W to be there as a Spec Wall and would benefit from physical bulk. I will replace Porygon and see how that helps me as I progress through the ladder

You're correct I do find myself not really needing Rotom-W to be there as a Spec Wall and would benefit from physical bulk. I will replace Porygon and see how that helps me as I progress through the ladder
;)

Well, running Lando-T and Terrakion is kinda redundant, so try using another Fighting-type, like Gallade.

Well, running Lando-T and Terrakion is kinda redundant, so try using another Fighting-type, like Gallade.
Redundant? How so?

How is LandoT (Flying/Ground) + Terrakion (Rock/Fighting) redundant

Back