Bring back Nintendo WFC!

• Thread starter Mariofan10105
  • Start date
M

Mariofan10105

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
Mario Kart Wii was the best game to play online. I have never got the chance to play MKDS online. But anyway, what if you can't afford a new system? What if what to revisit MKWii like me? I beat MKWii, so the only thing I can do is replay it. And online was so fun, you where racing with people all around the world. It was fun! And if you have no siblings (I do) then now you can't play with real people anymore. It was fun while it lasted.

I know how you feel about that . Sometimes I really liked playing over the internet in Pokemon White Version with other players but I guess it was time to move on . It is expensive to maintain the Wifi servers so the best thing was to get the new consoles :p ( Wii U and 3ds , they both have Mario Kart games )

But this belongs in the General Nintendo Discussions
@rawrrie :3

Reactions: 3823
But this belongs in the General Nintendo Discussions
@rawrrie :3

#Eridan4mod2015 >.<

Yeah Nintendo discontinued it. I think it's because a lot of people could cheat since it was sorta anonymous. I remember my friend talking about how she loved to play brawl online until they canceled it. I don't think they're going to bring it back anytime soon cause its a passed system now ;-;

Reactions: 3905 and 2071
I liked playing online with Pokemon white, Pokemon Diamond, and Pokemon Black 2. I was annoyed when i had noticed they had taken it down. that made some of the medals in pokemon b2 and w2 unobtainable.

Same here, now that I think about it, I kinda miss the Nintendo WFC, because I remember how fun it was when Pokémon Diamond first got out... But sadly, as much as we want it back, it won't happen. Not because Nintendo wouldn't, but due to Game-something (can't recall the name) being bought a while ago by another company who also had such a creative name that I forgot it. Since they were hosting the servers, well, most of the games relying on it (Nintendo wasn't the only company to be affected by it; in a fact, they made their servers last longer than most of the MMOs using it!) went down with them as well.

And since nobody was "evil" enough to get the packets using something like Wireshark at that time, some of the games won't be playable online anymore. However, some people managed to provide an alternative for most of the popular games.
See this: https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki

Reactions: 532
I liked playing online with Pokemon white, Pokemon Diamond, and Pokemon Black 2. I was annoyed when i had noticed they had taken it down. that made some of the medals in pokemon b2 and w2 unobtainable.
Me too it was so much fun to play pokemon games online and (once i got shiny loppuny through wonder trade in pokemon) just kidding :p. But I miss those wonderful days.

If you wish to play Mario Kart for the Wii, there is a Wii Modder/ youtuber that creates online mods for games on the Wii called "MrBean35000vr", he has a program that you can install onto a SD card that will allow you to play games online such as Mario Kart Wii, whilst ALSO being able to play games online that weren't previously able to, such as Wii Sports bowling and Super Mario bros Wii, he is in general a great guy and you should check him out, beware though some of the mods are still in alpha/beta stages and are sometimes not pretty xD, but atleast for Mario Kart wii it is stable and awesome. He also has modded the Mario kart Wii game with a bunch of maps and cups and things like that, which is very fun, so yeah!

Link to Video tutorial of playing Mario Kart Wii online after WFC shutdown -

That's sucks, would be better to play Wii games online on Wii virtual menu for the Wii U or eshop and DS games on 3DS but not on Wii and DS consoles. Also Flipnote Hatena would be better if Nintendo make it like a museum, you cannot upload flipnotes on DSi but you can see it and when they comes the 3D version you can uploaded only on 3DS but DSi users only can watch but never erase the old hatena videos using the same hatena of DSi.

Why Nintendo do that? ;_;

loadcard.png

I loved Nintendo WFC so much. I had many memories with the original GTS, Brawling online, MKWii racing online, even the Pokemon Wifi Plazas ;-;. WFC was life man, it was sad when they shut it down. I think some people made an alt server for WFC but I haven't played the Wii or DS in days since I got the Wii U and 3DS. All I live with are memories of the past.

Just mod your Wii and you'll be able to play MKW online along with a ton of other Wii games. Plus you can get over 200 custom tracks.

It's a really childish mindset to have "I can't buy the new thing, why can't they keep updating a game that's nearly a decade old?" btw.

Back