Tutorial Broken L-R buttons.

• Thread starter Kyubey
  • Start date
Kyubey

Kyubey

Trust Contracts. They never hurt you.
Towns Folk
This is a little method I found to be highly effective if your 3DS/2DS has "broken" L-R buttons. If you do have broken L-R buttons (i.e. generally not working when you press them) all you have to do is to put your lips up to the small opening of the L-R buttons, and blow really hard.

Usually the reason for these "broken" buttons is because a film of dust has collected inside the L-R button. If this method doesn't work.... maybe you need to repair it. :p

Reactions: 3dsatackman and FirstSerpent
This is a little method I found to be highly effective if your 3DS/2DS has "broken" L-R buttons. If you do have broken L-R buttons (i.e. generally not working when you press them) all you have to do is to put your lips up to the small opening of the L-R buttons, and blow really hard.

Usually the reason for these "broken" buttons is because a film of dust has collected inside the L-R button. If this method doesn't work.... maybe you need to repair it. :p

I had/Have this happen all the time thanks for doing this it does work and is a lot cheaper than sending it in for repairs :p

Reactions: Kyubey
:D glad I could help.

Hey thanks. My 3DS is fine but my sisters DSlites buttons have been dead for a while. I'll tell her when she gets home. :)

@Kyubey : 0-0 ARE YOU FRIGGIN' SERIOUS!? :0 I'm gonna try it right now,thanks!! :D

Hehe, did it work?

That usually makes it worse because you rust the springs on the inside of the buttons. But that's just my opinion.

Here's what you should really do:

Reactions: Kyubey
I'm Definitely going to remember this for later. Every DS I have owned in my lifetime has had issues with the L+R back buttons. My 2ds is still going but with a recently purchase Smash Bros pounding daily on my joystick and back buttons it's only a matter of time... :cry:

Does anyone have a solution for an L button that acts like it's constantly being pressed? I don't even have to touch my L button, but it is always acting like its being pressed. So, I can't play games like Kid Icarus: Uprising or Mario Tennis Open. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help solve this problem.

I'm Definitely going to remember this for later. Every DS I have owned in my lifetime has had issues with the L+R back buttons. My 2ds is still going but with a recently purchase Smash Bros pounding daily on my joystick and back buttons it's only a matter of time... :cry:
The Circle Pad is made of rubber so it would fall or break off after using it for a long time. The rubber padding makes it easy for the thumb to slip off and if you use a regular 3DS, the buttons are glossy, leaving it vulnerable to cracking. The 2DS and 3DS XL's ABXY Buttons are matted, so they won't crack or break. The Circle Pad, the next model (After New 3DS) should have a hard plastic ring on the outside so that it can never fall off. And for the C-stick, if it were up to me I'd add a small ball-n-pivot joint so that the little rubber nub doesn't fall off!

Back