Bullet for My Valentine

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
Bullet_for_my_Valentine_-_Hand_Of_Blood.jpg

Have any of you guys listened to this band's music? Do you think they're good? They're metalcore! :woot: That's basically heavy metal and hardcore punk mixed up together. They're also among my favourite bands. They're the only band apart from Bon Jovi whose post-2000 songs I liked enough to keep more than one on my computer.
My five favourite songs of theirs are:
  1. Hand of Blood
  2. Tears Don't Fall
  3. 4 Word (To Choke Upon)
  4. Pretty On the Outside
  5. All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me)
I think that they were much better in 2005-2006 than they are now. In their new album Temper Temper they tried a little too much too be mainstream, doing some 'sweeter' songs (I don't have any other word to explain it) which is kind of a big mistake for a metalcore band. They also removed a lot of the hardcore punk elements from their songs and reduced their screaming vocals and distorted guitars by too large a degree for comfort.
So, yeah - I think with Temper Temper they made the mistake of trying to be mainstream instead of the music that gave them their established fan base. Tears Don't Fall Part 2 was the only song from Temper Temper I liked enough to keep on my computer, and even then I think that the original Tears Don't Fall from their 2006 album The Poison is ten times better. Not to say that Tears Don't Fall Part 2 isn't a great song, it's just nowhere near the original one.
I hope that Temper Temper was just something they learned from and their next album is as good as they were up to 2012 because really, apart from Temper Temper they're a remarkably consistent and excellent band and I don't want them to deteriorate to a not-really-rock band the same way Linkin Park did trying to be mainstream. On a side note, the cover of Temper Temper was pretty good :p
Bullet-for-My-Valentine-Temper-Temper.jpg

So, yeah, I was trying to discuss what I thought :p Sorry if you guys got a long read.
Again, what do you guys think of the band and their music?

Reactions: Dark Link
Well, I love all types of music (epic metal, dubstep, metal, pop, rock, orchestral, etc) :p

This will enter on my music list :D

Back