Call of Duty Black Ops (Nintendo DS)

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Yeah, there is a Call of Duty game for the Nintendo DS. I was surprised too until one of my friends showed me it back in the day. It had 'download play' so we didn't need two games to play multiplayer.

Surprisingly, it was really fun playing with friends. About 3+ of us played together and enjoyed it, :love:

The graphics weren't that good but the gameplay made up for it. The stylus made it easy to point and shoot.

Anyone else knew about this game and played it before? What are your thoughts?

I knew about it, but have never played it. I don't care for Call of Duty.

Was the control comfortable? That was always a concern I had playing fps on the DS.

Was the control comfortable? That was always a concern I had playing fps on the DS.
To me it was. D-pad for moving, stylus for looking around, one of the L/R buttons for shooting and a simple touch of the screen or something to throw a grenade and jump (might be a little different because I played this a long time ago)

Reactions: TAG
I have this on game, it was really fun. You should check out Modern Warfare Mobilized on the DS. it is a bit better, IMO. This was also alot of fun.

You should check out Modern Warfare Mobilized on the DS. it is a bit better, IMO.
What made it better?

I have played it, but I never had the opportunity to play online with it. It was cool until my friend showed me BLack Ops on the 360, and then trying to play Black Ops on the DS was just too lame for my liking.

yeah I've played it alright :p its fun with your friends but once your alone its getting boring very quickly - but id agree :p easy controls fun game play :p

I've heard of it, but I've never played it. The yearly console game is enough Call of Duty for me :p

There were actually quite a few Call of Duty games on the DS; Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare Defiance, Modern Warefare Mobilized, World at War and as you said, Black Ops.

I've never played any of them and I don't plan to, haha.

I've heard of it, but I've never played it. The yearly console game is enough Call of Duty for me :p

There were actually quite a few Call of Duty games on the DS; Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare Defiance, Modern Warefare Mobilized, World at War and as you said, Black Ops.

I've never played any of them and I don't plan to, haha.
yeah there were indeed quite a few and the latest one was quite good for the graphics and also controls but like all cod games - its only fun with friends - i never bought it :p save my money for something like SMT or Braverly default

COD for DS? where have I been? xD

looks good though. Can't expect too much for a handheld game. =P

I did play it (my hate for Call of Duty hadn't really set in back then :p ). The controls were good, it wasn't cumbersome to aim and shoot at all. The graphics were kind of choppy but still, it had 3D models! :eek: It was a decent NDS game.

Reactions: Marc
COD for DS? where have I been? xD
I was that surprised the first time I heard about it, :singing:
I did play it (my hate for Call of Duty hadn't really set in back then :p ). The controls were good, it wasn't cumbersome to aim and shoot at all. The graphics were kind of choppy but still, it had 3D models! :eek: It was a decent NDS game.
Decent, yes. Fun to pass time when playing multiplayer. I never really tried the single player gameplay because it was a friend's game and we mostly played together using DS Download Play.

Reactions: 18
I never played the Black Ops version on DS but I think I played Modern Warefare. I had fun playing Modern Warefare so I'm just going to assume that Black Ops was fun to play too. The graphics could have been way better but you can't expect much from the DS.

It doesn't too bad, especially for the DS. I wonder if any FPS type games will ever be released for the 3DS. With a circle pad for better movement (2 with Circle Pad Pro) and much better graphics, I think an FPS would do fairly well. I would really like something like Splatoon 3D though rather than a Call of Duty game.

Moon Chronicles is a very good fps on 3DS! The first part at least - it's episodic. It support the CPP also.

I checked a review of the game and it seems okay. I'm not really liking how its only Part 1 of a 4 part series that will cost extra money on top. I'll just wait for something for expansive and built for the 3DS (since Moon Chronicles is a port of Moon DS). Thanks for the recommendation though.

Reactions: TAG
I actually had this game right when it came out! I played it for a while and actually loved the online play! It was super fun (terrible graphics I have to agree though...) I still have it somewhere I think..

I used to do Download Play with my friends and we used to play Modern Warfare and as someone who owns a PS3 and a DS, clearly first person shooters are a lot lot better on the Playstation but it wasn't too bad playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare on a DS. It is a great way for people to get into the Call of Duty franchise. I wouldn't personally ever play Call of Duty on a handheld device over a platform like PS, Xbox or PC but it was fun to play with your friends.

i played it was fun playing zombies HEN I learn to camp in first room and build up points to get mystery box and open doors with a friend stop playing wen cousin stole ds :( was a sad day for me no more killing until i got bo2 on wii u :)

Do you think It is with it? I mean I love call of duty games, but I have never bought one for a portable. I have them for the xbox 360, do you think it would be a hard change to make (basically is it easy to learn the controls?) If it is worth the $25, do you think I should buy it, and would you buy it for $25, or would you buy another game?

Back