Calling everybody who can play pokemon competitively!

• Thread starter J9794
  • Start date
J9794

J9794

But you can call me Jay Nine Seven Nine Four
Towns Folk
Competitive pokemon battling is a big thing, but sadly, there aren't a lot of active players here on pedia, so the intention of this thread is to encourage those of you who like to battle in pokemon to show yourself and... well, battle.

tumblr_m3zyogdja01qkld3fo1_500.gif

Why would I battle here instead of battling in X site?
The owner of the site had some cool ideas for pokemon tournaments like the gym leaders and the pokemon league but most of them aren't possible to be put in practice due to the lack of players.

What do I earn by participating?
Fame, money, power... well, not necessarily, but the tournaments will be fun :D, and I didn't mention it yet, but there might be prizes on eshop codes and/or games :sneaky:.

How do I start?
Well, one good way of letting the rest of the people know you wanna be a competitive pokemon player here is being active and the forums are battling, and an ever better idea is beating the current gym leaders (those bastards). By doing that, you earn a shinny badge that will be displayed on your profile, and when you get the 6 badges, you are qualified to participate in the pokemon league tournament, that will take place once there are enough competitive pokemon players.

Well, I guess that's all for now, merry christmas by the way :D.

Reactions: 3905, Mr. Kream and Valkyri
I would certainly be encouraged to play, and I might actually do soon! I just feel like I need someone to throw me through a crash course of competitive in general. -w-;

@J9794 Thanks for the call to action, I can't say my breeding is almost done, but I'll be starting my gym challenge very soon. Be ready @FirstSerpent, I've got a weird team planned for you in the near future; and @Trainer Red, I haven't forgot about you...

P.S. Merry Christmas to you, too, J9794 and anyone else reading.

Last edited:
Reactions: J9794 and FirstSerpent
I got myself one badge and have been meaning to get more but haven't really gotten to actually battling anyone else

Actually i am among one of those who almost learned my most of pokemon competitive thing from this website and by marc, j9, firstserpent,vii and pk

Last edited:
I play:

Smogon OU
Smogon UU
Smogon NU
Smogon Ubers
VGC 2015
VGC 2016 (Once I finish SR my team XD)
BSR Singles

Reactions: J9794
I'd also like to encourage everyone even vaguely interested to start battling competitively, as it is a whole lot of fun and, once you get the hang of it, it adds a whole lot of replayability to Pokemon :D. It's not too hard to get the hang of, there are guides on the forum and elsewhere as to how to IV and EV train. :]

Reactions: Vii, Mr. Kream and J9794
I used to play Pokemon Competively on some other sites(Used to be in clans)
Was fun I used to play alot of Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown, and some WiFi.
It's actually pretty good to start playing competively, but I couldn't keep with my clan since we got kind of inactive but had alot fun whil there. I myself can't breed but there are some great breeders on Pedia, if your'e looking for some competitive pokes or items. :)

hey want to battle?

To whom is the question addressed?

You know what'd really help in getting more Comp. Pokemon players? Having a session or something where we teach members who'd wanna get into it yhe basics of IV Breeding, EV training, Set Making, and Teambuilding.

Just a thought, but it could help :p

Reactions: Mr. Kream, Noodles and Mikaya
You know what'd really help in getting more Comp. Pokemon players? Having a session or something where we teach members who'd wanna get into it yhe basics of IV Breeding, EV training, Set Making, and Teambuilding.

Just a thought, but it could help :p
Completely agree...

I'd love to see more players in the competitive battling scene :D

Back