RMT / Team Help Can anyone help me build a team

• Thread starter 24460
  • Start date

Professional Profile Stalker
Towns Folk
My only request is that it is based around Speed Boost Ninjask

If you want to use a speed boost ninjask on your team, this is what set I think you want to use:
Ninjask @Leftovers/Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
EV: 252 HP, 252 Spe, 4 Atk
-Subsitute
-Baton Pass
-Protect
-X-Scizzor
This ninjask is specifically used to stack speed boosts and pass it on to some of it's teammates. It works reallyl well if you have really strong slow pokemon since it gives them tremendous speed.

I can't really plan a team for you, but I can recommend that you include Pokemon that are slower which could benefit from the Speed Boosts. A good example I can come up with is Mega Aggron, it has amazing Attack and Defense, but can be easily outsped by most pokemon, and struggles against fast special attackers. So if you give our friend here a couple of Speed Boosts to work with, he won't have to worry about much since he can OHKO almost anything that comes in way!

If you planned to use the Ninjask differently from the set I provided let me know and I can maybe help you out there!

Reactions: DJFoxx84
My Ninjask centers around taking the speed boosts and using them to spam double team, then slowly wearing opponents down, but I am open to change

My Ninjask centers around taking the speed boosts and using them to spam double team, then slowly wearing opponents down, but I am open to change
Well if you wanted to play in Smogon OU format (which mostly everyone here plays), then sadly double team is banned due to the evasion clause >.>

OK, I'll use your build

OK, I'll use your build
Glad to help!
Here are some pokemon which could love the help of the ninjask set I provided:
Porygon2
Mega Aggron
Ferrothorn (for entry hazards and stuffs)
Almost any dragon type
Eelectross
Clefable (Unaware)

Awesome! You are so helpful:oops:

Reactions: 3905
If you want to use a speed boost ninjask on your team, this is what set I think you want to use:
Ninjask @Leftovers/Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
EV: 252 HP, 252 Spe, 4 Atk
-Subsitute
-Baton Pass
-Protect
-X-Scizzor
This ninjask is specifically used to stack speed boosts and pass it on to some of it's teammates. It works reallyl well if you have really strong slow pokemon since it gives them tremendous speed.

I can't really plan a team for you, but I can recommend that you include Pokemon that are slower which could benefit from the Speed Boosts. A good example I can come up with is Mega Aggron, it has amazing Attack and Defense, but can be easily outsped by most pokemon, and struggles against fast special attackers. So if you give our friend here a couple of Speed Boosts to work with, he won't have to worry about much since he can OHKO almost anything that comes in way!

If you planned to use the Ninjask differently from the set I provided let me know and I can maybe help you out there!

Nice set @np2016! Personally I would change X-scizzor for swords dance, so if you get that substitute up and they don't break it, you get a free swords dance

My opinion may not be perfect, and can be revised. Ninjask has a 2x weakness to fire, 2x weakness to flying, 2x weakness to ice, 2x weakness to electric, and a 4x weakness to rock. I usually start by choosing my walls, special and physical. The first typing that comes to mind is steel. It resists it's flying, ice and rock weakness. You can choose a defensive or offensive steel pokemon, but I'd reccomend making this ur defensive wall. Some good defensive steel walls are mega aggron, mega steelix, registeel and more. So that is your second pokemon. Your third pokemon, special wall, now has to help with the electric and fire weakness. One perfect pokemon that helps with this is rotom-wash or rotom-heat. Usually, it can be used as a defensive pivot, but I have used these as a spdef pivot as well and it worked. There are other special walls capable as well, like heatran, so you have a lot of choices. Your fourth pokemon should be a rapid spinner or defoger. With ninjask's 4x weakness to rock, it won't appreciate stealth rocks. In general, any team does not appreciate hazards on their side of the field. I recommend using a fast spinner like starmie or excadrill, so that they can release a good damage output. Otherwise, you can go with a spdef or defensive wall that has defog, like latios/latias. Your fifth pokemon should be a fast sweeper. Ninjask can't stand up on his own, so someone has to be capable. This can be abolutly any pokemon of ur choosing. Just keep in mind the typings that you haven't covered yet. Your sixth pokemon can be the power house. What I mean by that is the pokemon that can set up or release the greatest damage output. This pokemon can be a slow or fast, just as long as it can hit hard. With ninjask's speed boost, it can baton pass it to any pokemon, which is why I say it doesn't matter if your power house is slow or fast. For example, it can be guts conkeldurr or life orb bisharp, totally up to u but again, keep in mind the typing's that you haven't covered yet. As for the movesets, I usually check out smogon and make a decision from it's suggestions. Overall, this is a very tricky team to use, as many factors have to be thought about before being able to get the sweep you want. Hazards on the field, the pokemon your opponent has, the switch ins, even roar and whirlwind pokemon that can stop your set up. Using this team will require a lot of patience and thinking to make the right play. Sometimes, you may not be able to use your speed boost ninjask, so you will be forced to work without it. That is why you need a balance of defensive and offensive presence, meaning your walls and your attackers. That is my opinion and assessment about speed boost ninjask team. I may have made some errors in this information and it may not be perfect, so this team might need to be tested multiple times and may need some changes.

Wow...
That's really helpful!:)

Glad to help!
Here are some pokemon which could love the help of the ninjask set I provided:
Porygon2
Mega Aggron
Ferrothorn (for entry hazards and stuffs)
Almost any dragon type
Eelectross
Clefable (Unaware)
Why not Porygon-Z, though? Is Porygon 2 better than Porygon-Z?

Why not Porygon-Z, though? Is Porygon 2 better than Porygon-Z?
depends what set u want. in terms of offense porygon z is better in terms of defense porygon 2 is better because of eviolite

Nice set @np2016! Personally I would change X-scizzor for swords dance, so if you get that substitute up and they don't break it, you get a free swords dance
Running a speed boost ninjask with swords dance is illegal because you can't baton pass more then one kind of stat boost. I cant remember what the specific name of the clause was.

Back