Can I buy games for a friend with a different Nintendo Switch region?

• Thread starter PaigyPoo
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PaigyPoo

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
Can I buy a digital download for a friend who lives in EU and send them the code or would I have to buy it in there region

I believe you would have to get an EU code for an EU account. It's the case I have seen in other situations

Can I buy a digital download for a friend who loves in EU and send them the code or would I have to buy it in there region
Nintendo Switch is region free, so technically yes. I've never done it before but @Sky has. I think they would just have to make another user for the eShop, make that eShop's region EU and download the game.

You can wait for Sky to confirm.

Reactions: Samster and 28142
Yeah so your friend would just need to make a new nintendo account and link that to a new switch profile on their switch. The new account would have to be the same region you are, so if you're NA, then they'd need to make an NA account and redeem the code on there.

Since that new account would have the switch as their primary console, that game can be downloaded using that profile, and then played with no limits on their main account (this means as well if they only have switch online on their main account, they can use that to play with the game on).

Reactions: Mikaya
I just ended up sending her the money to make life easier thanks for the help guys

Reactions: Mikaya, Marc and 28142
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back