Can I use a Micro SD on the 3DS?

• Thread starter GeanRossi
  • Start date
GeanRossi

GeanRossi

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
The thing is I'm running out memory so I want to upgrade, and my question is, there's no problem on using a micro sd with an SD adapter?

No there is no problem with doing that . I say this because I use a Micro SD card inside of a SD Adapter too so yeah , it worked for me . I think that the Adapter works the same way as the regular SD cards but just that it uses the Micro tiny sd chip instead . Yeah so it should work for you :)

Reactions: 18 and GeanRossi
as for New 3DS microSD limits, this might help
(warning: bad language)

The thing is I'm running out memory so I want to upgrade, and my question is, there's no problem on using a micro sd with an SD adapter?

There's absolutely no problem with using a MicroSD. I'm using a 32GB one that came with an adapter, and honestly, it always worked fine. So, yes, MicroSD and their adapters are compatible with the 3DS(XL)/2DS consoles.

As for the N3DS, you just have to remove the plate on the back and the console, and put the MicroSD directly. (Sounds a bit weird to put the emplacement for SD here, especially if you need to switch your SD, but what is done is done).

No there is no problem with doing that . I say this because I use a Micro SD card inside of a SD Adapter too so yeah , it worked for me . I think that the Adapter works the same way as the regular SD cards but just that it uses the Micro tiny sd chip instead . Yeah so it should work for you :)

There's absolutely no problem with using a MicroSD. I'm using a 32GB one that came with an adapter, and honestly, it always worked fine. So, yes, MicroSD and their adapters are compatible with the 3DS(XL)/2DS consoles.

As for the N3DS, you just have to remove the plate on the back and the console, and put the MicroSD directly. (Sounds a bit weird to put the emplacement for SD here, especially if you need to switch your SD, but what is done is done).

Thanks for the answers! :D Now I'm plenty sure what I'm going to get!

Micro sd cards work as good as a normal sd with an SD adapter. Once Micro SD is inside the adapter, that micro SD is as good as the normal big SD card. I myself use the micro SD with an adapter and there have been no problems.

Reactions: GeanRossi
If you're looking on Ebay and find a bargain that's to good to be true! Then it's probably a scam >.>

Careful with what you buy ^^

Back