Support Needed Can someone help me out?

• Thread starter Swegged-up4tacos
  • Start date
Swegged-up4tacos

Swegged-up4tacos

Life orb shedninja
Towns Folk
Is every file on the source 3ds's sd card transfered to the target 3ds's sd card during a wireless system transfer? A few years ago I would save memorable pictures to my first 3ds's sd card that wasn't viewable by the photo app on the 3ds, but viewable by a computer if you plugged it in. (This was because the files were too large for the 3ds to read) I conducted a system transfer to my new 3ds by pc, but I just dragged folders so that didn't work. At this time I completely forgot about the files I saved years ago. Then I proceeded to conduct the wireless system transfer. Last year I gave away my 3ds along with its sd card (along with my memorable pictures) and I just found about my memorable picutures where transfered to my new 3ds's sd card. (Thank heavens). But I want to know if that is every picture that was in the old sd card (which I gave away) so I want to know If that was the PC transfer attempt earlier or the wireless transfer (which went right) So can someone with two 3ds's do a little experiment for me?

On an sd card: save a microsoft word document and pictures large enough that It can't be read by the 3ds by computer (they don't appear on the 3ds's photo app and are 800kb or above) Then conduct a wireless 3ds system transfer with the 3ds with the above sd card and a 3ds with fresh new sd card. After thats over, plug the transfered sd card and check if the word document and all the large sized pictures are there.

This would really help me out. I can't conduct the experement since I gave away my first 3ds. Please and thanks!

Reactions: Mykaelochi
Is every file on the source 3ds's sd card transfered to the target 3ds's sd card during a wireless system transfer? A few years ago I would save memorable pictures to my first 3ds's sd card that wasn't viewable by the photo app on the 3ds, but viewable by a computer if you plugged it in. (This was because the files were too large for the 3ds to read) I conducted a system transfer to my new 3ds by pc, but I just dragged folders so that didn't work. At this time I completely forgot about the files I saved years ago. Then I proceeded to conduct the wireless system transfer. Last year I gave away my 3ds along with its sd card (along with my memorable pictures) and I just found about my memorable picutures where transfered to my new 3ds's sd card. (Thank heavens). But I want to know if that is every picture that was in the old sd card (which I gave away) so I want to know If that was the PC transfer attempt earlier or the wireless transfer (which went right) So can someone with two 3ds's do a little experiment for me?

On an sd card: save a microsoft word document and pictures large enough that It can't be read by the 3ds by computer (they don't appear on the 3ds's photo app and are 800kb or above) Then conduct a wireless 3ds system transfer with the 3ds with the above sd card and a 3ds with fresh new sd card. After thats over, plug the transfered sd card and check if the word document and all the large sized pictures are there.

This would really help me out. I can't conduct the experement since I gave away my first 3ds. Please and thanks!
I have a 3DS wireless transfer before but not any transfers involving a PC. If I remember correctly, it does transfer everything from the SD card. Although it copies your pictures. For example, I had 200 or so pictures on my original 3DS and when I did the transfer those pictures showed up on my New 3DS, but the pictures also preserved on the old system. Unfortunately, I haven't done anything with a PC but I hope this a little clarity on the wireless transfers.

I have a 3DS wireless transfer before but not any transfers involving a PC. If I remember correctly, it does transfer everything from the SD card. Although it copies your pictures. For example, I had 200 or so pictures on my original 3DS and when I did the transfer those pictures showed up on my New 3DS, but the pictures also preserved on the old system. Unfortunately, I haven't done anything with a PC but I hope this a little clarity on the wireless transfers.
Thank you... how about a microsoft word doc? Does it also transfer wirelessly?

Thank you... how about a microsoft word doc? Does it also transfer wirelessly?
I should think so, but I'm not 100% sure.

I should think so, but I'm not 100% sure.
If you can attempt it with a wireless transfer... it would help me out alot.

Back