Mario Kart Can two people play on the same screen locally in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
A question for those Mario Kart 8 Deluxe owners out there.

I have two joycons and one Nintendo Switch. Can two people play locally on the same screen (TV or the tablet) using those two joycons in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? Would the screen be split for these two players?

Also, can two people play at the same time on the same screen for online matches?

Thanks!

I don't have one yet, but seen lots play it, and I think I seen they only used one screen.

Reactions: Marc
I don't own it, but I have seen Markiplier play it with one of his friends, and they only used one screen. I've also seen it on a few Nintendo promotion ads. As for the online play, I think everyone needs their own Switch for that, but I may be wrong. ^^" Hope that helps!

Reactions: Marc
I am pretty sure you can play two players Split screen, I have done that indeed. It is exactly the same way you play mario kart 8 on the wii u. You can play the game screen-split into 2 or even into 4. It must be said that you are not going to play two Split screen with just two joy-cons. In what respects the online features and matches, I am not sure you can play 4 players, but I think you can play 2 players.

Docked: 2 player with 60fps, 4 player with 30fps
Tabletop: 2 player with 60fps, 4 player with 30fps and decreased resolution
Wireless: 2 players max per switch, meaning you need 6 switches for 12 players.

I have seen people play a variety of ways. I think you need seperate Nintendo switch systems or joy-cons to play multiplayer

I'll bet you could, if they did it in the trailers they'd probably have it as a feature.

They've been really good about giving split screen to their switch releases since that's sort of the whole point of the console so far. :3

Yes. If split screen wasn’t available then it would be a downgrade from the original wii u version and that would be silly. Have fun recking noobs online with your friend.

Back