Contest CANCELED- Dance Battle - Win a whopping 150+ pc!

• Thread starter PersonSP
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
PersonSP

PersonSP

Writing- 'n-Drawing-aholic
Towns Folk
iu

CANCELED due to a lack of interest
I am organizing a GIANT PEDIAN DANCE OFF
and you can win a huuuuuge prize!

Here's the catch: I will be competing. I've been practicing and I'd say I'm pretty good. ...think you can beat me? :cool:

What you need:

-A Smartphone
-The Just Dance Now app (free)
-A screen (TV, Tablet, desktop, laptop, anything goes)
-Some space to dance
-An Internet connection

How does it work? You get sorted into a pool. Every contest day you dance to two songs (which is the number of songs you can use for free.) I pick the songs of the day. You will need to dance to both those songs. Make a screenshot of your scores on those songs. The person in your pool with the highest total score, (So your score for both those songs.) goes to the next round. The finalists will have a dance battle in real time to 2 songs of their choosing.The winner gets 150 PC. (Or more, read below.)

Pools? Contest days? Depending on the number of entries there will be 2 or more pools and the contest will last 2 or more days. (For up to 8 people we will make 2 pools, day 1 is the dance off in the pools, day 2 is the finals. For 9-16 people there will be 4 pools. Day 1 is pool battle, day 2 is semi finals, day 3 is finals. If over 16 people enter the competition will be split into 8 pools and last 4 days!)​
The pools will be created using a random number generator.

Important notes:
  • Entry costs 10 PC.
  • The winner gets at least 150 PC.
  • If there are more than 15 entries the prize will increase with 10 PC per 'extra' contestant. (See FAQ)
  • Try to dance with your Pedian pool buddies in real time by joining the same room! Of course if you're in different time zones and you can't dance at the same time, you can also battle random strangers on the web instead.
  • For this contest to kick off we'll need at least 6 contestants!
  • STARTING DATE: 9th of January 2018 (alternatively this date can be moved if we are short on contestants)
iu

FAQ:
Nope, I'm afraid not. There's no cameras involved, just your smartphone's motionsensor.
More prize PC for the winner! Every 'extra' contestant ups the prize pot with 10 PC. (So for example if 11 people compete, you can win 150 PC, if 14 compete you will win 150 pc, if 15 compete the prize is still 150 PC, if 16 people compete however, you can win 160 PC and if 17 compete the prize will be upped to 170 PC, etc.)
Appreciated, not necessary. Will be used to create a 2nd prize and a 3rd prize. (And after that 4th, etc.)
That's not a question. And doubtful.
Totally. Well...maybe?
No. But let's have some fun!

iu

DO: Tag folks you want to dance against, Suggest songs, Dance in real time, Organize a dance off with people from other pools if you didn't go to the next round, Have fun (duh)
DON'T: Skip a dance battle (unless you're sick or you just broke your leg or something like that) since that makes the competition less fun for the others, Ask your brother/sister/dad/mom/neighbour who is a professional dancer to dance for you. Not cool brah.

Tagging some folks who totally need to battle me: @Marc (for signature reasons) @SmashChamp @Mikaya @SkyHuntress @Starry Windy @AnimalJammer109 (for username reasons) @Kakea

Last edited:
Reactions: J9794, 18, 28142 and 1 other person
reserving this place for the pools

oh my gosh this is fantastic :eek: Yup, I'm totally up for this! (Sent the PC :p)

Reactions: PersonSP
oh my gosh this is fantastic :eek: Yup, I'm totally up for this! (Sent the PC :p)
Yay!

B-U-M-P

Sorry I can't join you. Sounds like fun though.

Sorry I can't join you. Sounds like fun though.
ahh shame. Why not though? (If it's the entry fee, I could just forfeit it. :p)

due to a lack of interest this contest is now canceled.

@Marc kindly close this thread? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back