Capcom Sues Koei Tecmo for $9.43 Million

• Thread starter Malladus
  • Start date
Malladus

Malladus

a.k.a. "Panchirito"
Towns Folk
Not really a nintendo topic but Capcom is suing Koei Tecmo for patent infringement. According to Capcom's lawsuit, at least 50 Koei Tecmo titles infringe on its patents. Capcom is seeking ¥980 million (or $9.43 million) in damages.

"The lawsuit charges Koei Tecmo with infringing on Capcom's 2002 patent for a system that lets players unlock content from an older game in a new title. The report also claims Koei Tecmo infringed on a Capcom patent that covers a feature that makes a controller vibrate when enemies are close."

Ok this is really stupid.. So apparently Capcom is suing Koei Tecmo because supposedly they "invented' the idea of DLC, expansion packs, Add-ons & etc. COME ON CAPCOM! DO YOU KNOW WHAT GAMING INDUSTRY IS ALL ABOUT?

0X3I8Cg.jpg

Well, gaming industry looks like the mobile one (with Apple suing Samsung all the time and vice-versa). Bad move from Capcom (allow me to say Captroll, just once, I promise I won't do it again :angelic:) this time.
What's going to be next ? Activision suing Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft at once, because they made DLCs for their games ?

Well, isn't Capcom broke to begin with? Poor Koei Tecmo though, Capcom is taking it's bankruptcy out on a perfectly good company, I think this is ridiculous. We already know Koei Tecmo would win the lawsuit, because this is just plain desperate of Capcom. :bag: Why don't Nintendo just buy the Company already.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Back