Capitals of the Pokémon Regions

• Thread starter Jack
  • Start date
Jack

Jack

♪ I think I'll try defying gravity ♪
Towns Folk
Although none of the Pokémon regions officially have a capital, I feel like there are some cities that have many capital-like features. So, what cities would you consider the capitals of the 6 Pokémon regions? Here are my opinions:

Kanto - Saffron City - Although it's not the largest city in Kanto, I think Saffron City holds the most importance because of its railroad that connects to Johto.

Johto - Goldenrod City - Easily the most important city in Johto, it has the highest population in the region and is the center of all goings-on.

Hoenn - Rustboro City - I think Hoenn is the hardest region, none of its cities really pop out as a capital to me. However, Rustboro hosts businesses like the Devon Corporation corporation, leading me to believe it would be the economic hub of Hoenn, although I do believe one could argue that Slateport City, Mauville City, and Lilycove city would make a better capital.

Sinnoh - Jubilfe City - Not having played RB or GS, Jubilife City was the first Pokémon town to give off a truly "big city" vibe, and it has important buildings like the GTS.

Unova - Castelia City - This city is the clearly is the center of Unova, both economically and geographically, and it has a big port.

Kalos - Lumiose City - I think this is the most obvious choice. In the entire Pokémon world, there is no city of as much importance as Lumiose City. Its population is over 8 times that of the second largest Kalos city.

Back