1. NintenPedia Guest Message

Get 3DS/Wii U/Switch eShop Credit

Members of the community can earn or win Nintendo 3DS/WiiU/Switch eShop credit. This is available to North American and European region 3DS and Wii U owners (Switch is region free). Earn Play Coins by posting in the forum and exchange them for eShop credit. It's that easy.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Yoshi - 3DS Pedia
Signing up for an account lets you communicate with other Nintendo gamers from around the world. Play games, ask questions, have fun and earn eShop credit along the way.

Captain Toad returns to Switch and... 3DS?!

Discussion in 'Mario and Mario Kart' started by Starry Windy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Starry Windy

Starry Windy I'll keep on moving forward. The Resident Victini

Play Coins:
    124 coins
    When I searched the YouTube on some Nintendo Direct, I found the unexpected news where Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, previously on Wii U, will be released on Nintendo Switch. And what caught me even more off guard is that it's also released on 3DS as well!

It will feature Super Mario Odyssey-based levels, and the Switch version will feature co-op play where the second player can assist by throwing cherries at the enemies, while 3DS version will boast 3D mode and touch screen controls. Both 3DS and Switch version of the game will be released on July 13th.

What's your thoughts on this?

2. Marcaroni and cheese

Marcaroni and cheese Kraft macaroni

Play Coins:
    8 coins
    I think its pretty neat. I feel this game needs to be on better platforms than the wii u. Lots of people have a 3ds, and lots of people have a switch. Its an easy way for Nintendo to make some money, while making people happy.
  3. Agentperson

Agentperson Not a Meme Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    50 coins
    That Nintendo has been making some rumors ture way to much now
  4. Mel

Mel Pedia Mastermind Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    549 coins
    Im actually surprised this got ported. I enjoyed the game a lot, but I always thought this would be one of the few games to miss the porting method Nintendo has adopted for the Switch. Cause sure it's a fun game, but it didn't seem major enough to port over again, but looks like my thought about that was wrong. I really like Captain Toad so I'm very glad more people can play this game even though I won't rebuy it. Also double surprise for the 3DS port, but again super glad Captain Toad can reach a wide new audience .
    Starry Windy likes this.
  5. 3dsCollector

3dsCollector Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    323 coins
    Heck yea 3ds port. I skipped the Wii U altogether so I'll be picking this up on 3ds.
  6. Kadaj

Kadaj X-Generation Cetra, the Great Weapon JENOVA Last Remnant

Play Coins:
    177 coins
    i never played this game on the wii u, so seeing this getting a switch version sounds great. the game looks amazing and fun on the switch, beautiful attractive graphics as well so i might be getting this game once its out. :p while i do know graphics arent everything, i tend to feel more attracted to games with better ones, its just the way i am heh. i remember the captain toad mini game in super mario 3d world which were pretty neat and introduced navigating a stage without the ability to jump which felt weird to me at first, but i got used to it and ended up liking those stages. The one in world star was a bit messy, but i ended up getting it :p
  7. EstebanTill2

EstebanTill2 Nintendo 3DS Legend Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    1,210 coins
    Well, I think given the amount of games that were being ported to nintendo switch, it was nothing to be surprised about that we would end up having a Captain Toad Treassure Tracker port to nintendo switch. This was something expected at some point, so nothing to make a fuss about. Amyway, what really took me by surprise was hearing the news of the port for nintendo 3ds. That, in a way surprised me and at the same time cheered me up, because I think of those people who did not have a wii u and maybe today still don't have a switch but a 3ds, they will be able to play this great game with 3d functionallity.
    Kadaj and Starry Windy like this.
  8. Blue Knight

Blue Knight Water Spirit Towns Folk

Play Coins:
    385 coins
    Weird... I'm not surprised at the Switch port, no; but at the 3DS one.

Good, I guess! Not many people played it so it's nice to see it get love.