Castlevania help

• Thread starter Retro The Dutchie
  • Start date
Retro The Dutchie

Retro The Dutchie

THE GALAGA GOD (if i had a Galaga machine XP)
Towns Folk
I have the first two castlevania games, and i was wondering wich one should i play next? Should i keep goin sequential or should i skip around?

Go play Castlevania for the N64. You'll love. Also Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow is good too. I personally don't find the story to be too important in the Castlevania games. It's the setting that sets it apart.

Vampire Killer if you want to play a slightly different more Puzzle Based version of the first game.

III if you liked the Nes Ones,hardest one in the franchise yet.

IV,if you dont mind the slow gameplay,it has good music tho.

Rondo Of Blood,last one with traditional Gameplay,also one of the harder ones.Best of the 16bit ones imo.

Id suggest playing Legacy of Darkness instead of 64,its 64 with most glitches patched and some extra content,btw if you play the game,dont judge it by "The Forest of Silence" thats the worst level in the whole game and pretty much just a too stretched out Tutorial,but the game gets good after that level.The music also is pretty good,but there is a glitch that prevents all music from playing(Thats what AVGN got while playing it).

Sotn,if you want to play the first metroidvania one,but It didnt age that well and there are some programing errors.
But if you can get over that,youll enjoy it.

Circle of the Moon if you like the newer Metroidvania gameplay style.(Most of the music in it is good,but it has the worst version of Illusionary Dance[Dracula Boss Battle Theme since Rondo Of Blood]Ive ever heard.)

Thanks guys

Back