Cave Story 3D coming to 3DS' eShop later this year!

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

Nicalis has officially confirmed via Miiverse that Cave Story 3D will be coming to the 3DS' eShop. It will be available in both North America and Europe later this year.
download_8.png

I just downloaded the original Cave Story yesterday! I could have waited, but I feel like the original looks cooler since it has the nice classic feel to it. It's also in 3D already, so Cave Story 3D seems kind of redundant.

Well Cave Story 3D is remade from scratch, so it will be different from Cave Story+ anyway. The sprites/enemies are remade to three-dimensional shape, and so on. But yeah, I just bought the classic one last month.

I have the classic Cave Story from the 3DS eShop so I won't jump for this right now, since I haven't beaten the former yet. But I was looking forward to it back when it came out as a retail game, so much so that I even watched previews for it, which I never do because of how long the videos take to load and how jittery the live streams are.

:love:

There are secret areas and such in it which were not in the original Cave Story, I hear.

I have the classic Cave Story from the 3DS eShop so I won't jump for this right now, since I haven't beaten the former yet. But I was looking forward to it back when it came out as a retail game, so much so that I even watched previews for it, which I never do because of how long the videos take to load and how jittery the live streams are.

:love:

There are secret areas and such in it which were not in the original Cave Story, I hear.

Actually the classic one for the 3DS eShop is the plus version, so the only difference are the graphics.
I don't plan to get it, unless there's a discount.

Still, there's the chance to review it >.>

The screenshot looks pretty nice. I haven't played the original yet, and the new one seems like an updated version of the original. Since it looks like a platformer, I don't know if 3D will affect the game too much although I'd love to be surprised. I might pick this up but I bet it will be pretty pricey, probably $15- 20 minimum.

Compared to the tons of extra content in the "original version", Cave Story 3D is basically buying less for better graphics. The original release has everything Cave Story Plus on steam has, minus a Christmas theme which isn't anything more than an aesthetic touch, however sexy it may be.

I have the classic Cave Story from the 3DS eShop so I won't jump for this right now, since I haven't beaten the former yet.

As weird as it sounds, look for Curly's panties. Lots of replay value in the eshop version! :D

Should you know that Cave Story 3D will cost $15 in the eShop, according to Nicalis' twitter post someday ago. Yes, it is cheaper than the retail version.

The original version - in the eShop, too - costs $10. A must-buy platformer with awesome story. Choose your price now :p

Cave story sounds pretty cool! I've never heard of it until a few days ago while browsing the eshop for games! What's everyone's experience with it? Is it any good? Maybe I should start a thread asking these questions :p so not to derail this thread...

Cave story sounds really cool! Which one is better to get, Cave Story from eshop or Shovel Knight from eshop?

Cave story sounds really cool! Which one is better to get, Cave Story from eshop or Shovel Knight from eshop?
Get Cave Story first (the one that's priced at 9.99 if youre from the US and is pixelated. Not the 3D graphics one.) because it's cheaper and it's essentially a more lively Metroid with NPCs. Shovel Knight is more expensive and is like megaman/duck tales...so pick which of those classic games you enjoy more. Again, I'd go with cave story first, but I'd also recommend shovel knight at some point.

I prefer Cave Story to Shovel Knight. It has its own taste, and the story is really awesome. A side-scrolling that is not a Megaman-like game and is still awesome is superb.

Nicalis has officially confirmed via Miiverse that Cave Story 3D will be coming to the 3DS' eShop. It will be available in both North America and Europe later this year.
download_8.png
I already bought the game since launch but the bad thing its in my garage somewhere :(

Back