Cave Story 3D vs. Cave Story

• Thread starter Derp
  • Start date
Derp

Derp

Plays TF2 because bad taste (Avi made by Eridan~)
Towns Folk
Which one would you prefer? The original version with sprites or the new upcoming version with 3D models? I prefer the original version with sprites since 3D models can sometimes come out a bit bulky. Plus the sprites stand out a lot in 3D mode

Which one would you prefer? The original version with sprites or the new upcoming version with 3D models? I prefer the original version with sprites since 3D models can sometimes come out a bit bulky. Plus the sprites stand out a lot in 3D mode
I was hoping that you could suggest which one to get. Is the new one a sequel or just a graphics upgrade? I know it's critically acclaimed, but I don't understand the game.

Just a graphics upgrade, I believe. And the other thing I know is thay each version have different bonuses - basically, the story is same after all. Bonuses like stage challenges (and of course, Cave Story 3D is graphics-upgraded) is something you could expect.

The new version isn't really new. It's just the retail release of Cave Story 3D becoming available on the eShop. I'm wondering how they'll price it.

The new version isn't really new. It's just the retail release of Cave Story 3D becoming available on the eShop. I'm wondering how they'll price it.
The last time i saw it in a local online retail game shop here, it's around $20 - the game isn't so famous in my country. It depends on NIS America as the publisher...

Back