Caves?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
who else think caves are annoying? the really big/long ones? because your pokemon may have low HP from battling lots of trainers. If you have plenty of recovery items then you could be fine, but maybe you have less PP for moves! Ether, anyone? =P

they can be very good for training but it's nice to have a person in the cave (at least half-way) who can fully heal your pokemon (which is present in some caves).

Yeah, some Victory Roads become problematic when you are depleted of items. I also hate the caves that need Flash because since it's a TM, you can only teach it to one Pokemon and if you forget that Pokemon/don't bring it along, you are screwed. Going in the dark is just incredibly annoying and is my biggest gripe with caves.

Caves are pretty fun. Especially when you don't have to use Flash to proceed and you can move around blindly until you reach the end. I didn't like that in Sinnoh you had to have strength and rock smash before getting into the one that you could use Flash on for some reason but at least I could blindly travel everywhere still (or cheat using a guide). Sometimes you have to heal a lot like in Victory Road but it's really no different from a longer version of Nugget bridge. Speaking of which X/Y had noticeably smaller caves which were easy to navigate however that doesn't mean there was a lot of hidden stuff like TMs in the game.

I don't like caves because I never stock up on items because I just want to beat the game ASAP. I can never do a speedrun though because I am just to slow I say as I Level up Charizard to level 48.

Back