Challenging the Gyms

• Thread starter Bobcam7!
  • Start date
Bobcam7!

Bobcam7!

*Consuming itself*
Towns Folk
So I'm thinking of challenging the gym leaders but not only am I low on PC but most of this PC is contest entrys from others... And the restrictions the gyms have will force me to rebuild my team (yes that's how many illegal guys I have on my team)...
But none of that will stop me! I've got a freaking Shedninja and I just hope he's not banned! Does anyone have tips to help or better yet can a gym leader give me an explanation why EVERY Pokémon with moody if banned from gym battles? How could someone know that a trainer put a Pokémon out had moody?
"All right good trainer you won but now I'm going to sniff your Pokémon to see if they are moody because if they are... NO BADGE FOR YOU!!!"
So can anyone please give me 1: A run by of why the rules are in place and 2: Some advice for what gym to take first, a good gym to wait till the end to challenge, ect.

So I'm thinking of challenging the gym leaders but not only am I low on PC but most of this PC is contest entrys from others... And the restrictions the gyms have will force me to rebuild my team (yes that's how many illegal guys I have on my team)...
But none of that will stop me! I've got a freaking Shedninja and I just hope he's not banned! Does anyone have tips to help or better yet can a gym leader give me an explanation why EVERY Pokémon with moody if banned from gym battles? How could someone know that a trainer put a Pokémon out had moody?
"All right good trainer you won but now I'm going to sniff your Pokémon to see if they are moody because if they are... NO BADGE FOR YOU!!!"
So can anyone please give me 1: A run by of why the rules are in place and 2: Some advice for what gym to take first, a good gym to wait till the end to challenge, ect.
Moody is a Pokémon ability.
"At the end of each turn, Moody raises one of the stats of the Pokémon with this Ability by two stages (at random), then decreases another stat by one stage (at random). It can select accuracy and evasion.

Moody will not attempt to lower a stat that is already at -6 or attempt to increase a stat that is already at +6. Moody will not select the same stat to lower as it raised." -
Bulbapedia.

It was banned by smogon's ruleset because it made battles very luck-based when any of the players ran a Moody Pokémon.
So naturally, when you see the screen say something along the lines of Bibarel's 'Moody' changed it's stat bonuses, You'd be able to tell what it's ability is.
If you want to make PCs the fastest way to do it would be to just keep posting diligently. Once you have a safe amount, you can go battling gym leaders as much as it takes to get their badge. Good luck. :giggle:

Moody is a Pokémon ability.
"At the end of each turn, Moody raises one of the stats of the Pokémon with this Ability by two stages (at random), then decreases another stat by one stage (at random). It can select accuracy and evasion.

Moody will not attempt to lower a stat that is already at -6 or attempt to increase a stat that is already at +6. Moody will not select the same stat to lower as it raised." -
Bulbapedia.

It was banned by smogon's ruleset because it made battles very luck-based when any of the players ran a Moody Pokémon.
So naturally, when you see the screen say something along the lines of Bibarel's 'Moody' changed it's stat bonuses, You'd be able to tell what it's ability is.
If you want to make PCs the fastest way to do it would be to just keep posting diligently. Once you have a safe amount, you can go battling gym leaders as much as it takes to get their badge. Good luck. :giggle:
One little note, Moody wasn't banned only because it makes the battles too luck based, but also because there used to be a strategy where one would just stall with moves like Fake Out/Protect while using a Moody Smeargle with BrightPowder and they would just wait until they get evasion boosts, then would use a Belly Drum and then spam a move like Extremespeed or another hard hitting one! There was an entire in the Smogon forums back when this was first invented! And it's not just Smeargle, Glalie could pull that off too!

Back