Chaos or Law in SMT4 (BEWARE: Spoilers Inside)

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
There will be a time you have to pick Law or Chaos in Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Spoiler ALERT!!!

It's when you have to choose between Jonathan and Walter.
I'm not going to give out the details because it'll ruin the surprise for anyone who has no clue about it.

• Law - Jonathan
  • Chaos - Walter
Who did you pick and why?

There is a normal one two.

I will pick the three ways, because I want to enjoy the story at all.
But I will start with the Law first, because I'm a good boy.

There is a normal one two.
I just learned that there is a Nihilistic ending. I got that a couple of minutes ago and I am disappointed because I was aiming for Chaos. I made all of the evil choices... The last choice I made was the wrong one, :facepalm:

I just learned that there is a Nihilistic ending. I got that a couple of minutes ago and I am disappointed because I was aiming for Chaos. I made all of the evil choices... The last choice I made was the wrong one, :facepalm:

So you finish the game? Congrats!

(There is a New Game+ like Persona or do you have to get all the demons again?

(There is a New Game+ like Persona or do you have to get all the demons again?
There is a New Game+.

bumping up this thread because I think it could be interesting discussion.

If it HAD to be between Law or Chaos, I'd have a really hard time because I'm not exactly an extremist in either (I see issues with both). If based on choosing which character I like better, I'd go for Jonathan, so I guess Law.

All this said, I'd definitely choose the Neutral Route above all (plus, I think it means more playing time since you have to battle both Merkabah and Lucifer in their respective separate areas, but I could be wrong).

Since I finally finished this game, I'd like to share my view, too. I got Law ending, yet it's still interesting, especially when I encountered Mastema to kill him. This revealed Mastema's dialectics with the four Archangels in understanding God's will. In other hand, the avatar of God (Ancient of Days) showed us that Archangels' plan to annihilate Tokyo was right (getting angered by Pluto's death, obviously). But since it's not YHVH himself, I cannot be sure of it (well, regarding of SMT II, he's...)...

Blasted Tokyo shared better story than Infernal Tokyo, especially their doubt about God. Jung wrote in The Answer to Job that Job asked God to be his vindicator against God. It was the same as doubt shared by people of Tokyo. God sent them Messiahs (MC and the gang) while condemning (or rather, ignoring) them.

And Law ending is good enough with our death. I don't like being a living Messiah :eek:

I picked Jonathan and ended up with the Neutral ending.

Is the Neutral ending longer than Law/Chaos endings?

Back