Would you play this metagame?

• Sure

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Never *Hugs Mega Sableye and Chansey*

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Zukrad

Zukrad

Just spam F-Air in the neutral and hope it works.
Towns Folk
(This metagame was created in the Pokémon Amino Comunity here http://aminoapps.com/page/pokemon/2923600/choicedmons-new-metagame)

Are you bored from all those stall teams, all those prankster and set-up sweepers?

Well... get prepared for the ultimate mindgame war!!!!

Welcome to the ChoicedMon Metagame!!!!!

Rules:

6 Pokémon in each team
Singles Format
The only items allowed are: Choiced Scarf, Choiced Band and Choice Specs
Clauses

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number on a team​
  • Varied Items Clause: At least one of each item must be on your team​
  • Sleep Clause: You lose if, at the end of your turn, two of your opponent's Pokémon were put to sleep by a move you used but were not forced into, and neither have had their sleep removed since then​
  • Trapping Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with a trapping ability (Shadow Tag, Arena Trap, Magnet Pull) on a team​
  • OHKO Clause: A Pokémon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset​
  • Unburden Clause: A Pokémon must be holding an item​

Banlist:

Pokémon
  • Arceus​
  • Deoxys​
  • Deoxys-Attack​
  • Dialga​
  • Genesect​
  • Giratina​
  • Groudon​
  • Ho-Oh​
  • Kyogre​
  • Kyurem-White​
  • Lugia​
  • Mewtwo​
  • Palkia​
  • Rayquaza​
  • Reshiram​
  • Shaymin-Sky​
  • Wobbuffet​
  • Xerneas​
  • Yveltal​
  • Zekrom​

Moves

• Detect​
  • Disable​
  • Embargo​
  • Fling​
  • King Shield​
  • Knock Off​
  • Magic Room​
  • Protect​
  • Spiky Shield​
  • Switcheroo​
  • Taunt​
  • Torment​
  • Trick​

Abilities

• Klutz​

Items
Pretty Much Everything except the Choiced Items

What does it change?

- No one switches moves until they switch out
- There are no Megas
- No way to recover HP other than moves like Giga Drain and Draain Punch(unless you wanna use Roost Choice Specs Latios or something like that)
- Really few viable status moves (In the last Tournament, Stealth Rocks, Spikes, Sticky Web and Batton Pass were the only status moves used)​

Threats:

Sucker Punch

359MS.png
430MS.png
625MS.png

Almost no one is using status, this makes Sucker Punch a guaranteed 80 BP +1 Priority hit most of the times!!!

Comparisons

252+ Atk Choice Band Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 270-318 (42 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Absol Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 286-337 (44.5 - 52.4%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO

Sample Set:
Absol @ Choice Band
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Psycho Cut
- Superpower

Trappers

051MS.png
462MS.png
576MS.png

These things can really help a team, if used correctly.
Lets take Dugtrio as an example.:
If I have Banded Gyarados in the field, and Dugtrio in the back, my opponent can risk using a electric type move, because if I switch my Dugtrio in that turn, I get a kill no matter what, and even if he uses thunderbolt and I don't switch out, I can just bring Dugtrio and Revenge-Kill him freely.
They are not mandatory on a team, so is not recomendable using them if they have a poor synergy with your team.

Sample Set:
Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Aerial Ace

"Sturdy-mons"
149MS.png
386DMS.png
681MS.png

Pokémon that can take even a Super Effective hit or two, a return back a bigger one

Sample Set:
Deoxys-Defense @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psycho Boost
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Moxie/Contrary

373MS.png
497MS.png
687MS.png

Being the only Pokémon in the meta that can boost it stats, the are perfect as a late game sweeper.

Sample Set:
Serperior @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Whatever, you are only using Leaf Storm anyways
- Same Here
- And Here

Volt-Turn
212MS.png
243MS.png
645TMS.png

This is kinda self-explanatory, the momentum is key in ChoicedMon, having Volt-Turn in your team can be very strong

Sample Set:
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Other Cases
151MS.png

Mew @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Coverage
- Coverage
- Coverage

Thanks to its varied movepool, the fact that it can be both psysical or special, and its decent attacka an special attack makes him a really good revenge killer, and even as a lead

658MS.png

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory

This works very similar to mew, but sacrifices bulk and coverage for damage and speed

571MS.png

Zoroark @ Choice Band
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- U-turn
- Grass Knot

Illusion is really powerfull in this meta, if they hit you with a NVE move, they are forced to switch, giving you free damage turns. You can even disguise as a Trapper Pokemon (like Wynaut), and attack with a CB STAB Sucker Punch, will they are not expecting it

132MS.png

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 0 (Trolling Anti-Ditto Frustration Users since 2001)
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 WhateverIsDitto
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 1 Spe (HP Ice)
- Transform

The set is self explanatory: You come in a NVE hit, force the opponent to switch, will you have a potential threat (this is great against Contrary and Moxie)

Videos

And that it's all, I hope you like the idea and post your thoughts and possible set ideas.

Take Care Ü​

Last edited:
09/Feb/2016
Videos added to the post

Last edited:
Reserved, You can post now

Oh my gosh, this is 4th gen all over again! No! I don't wanna go back!!!

Reactions: Zukrad
shameless bump

You might wanna check your banlist spoiler for moves, just a heads up!
I think this meta might actually be pretty fun, I have some great pokemon that can work with this such as Choice Specs Chandelure and Choice Band Staraptor. I could even do Choice Band Talonflame in place of that, thanks to priority Brave Bird I think it could work pretty well! ScarfChomp might be another great Pokemon for this meta, it's already popular in many VGC sets last year so I wanna see how it puts up here too!

You might wanna check your banlist spoiler for moves, just a heads up!
I think this meta might actually be pretty fun, I have some great pokemon that can work with this such as Choice Specs Chandelure and Choice Band Staraptor. I could even do Choice Band Talonflame in place of that, thanks to priority Brave Bird I think it could work pretty well! ScarfChomp might be another great Pokemon for this meta, it's already popular in many VGC sets last year so I wanna see how it puts up here too!
LOL, idk what happenned, I will fix them as soon as I can

Yeah the meta is really fun and pretty straight forward, we had a Tournament back in the Amino community, I may upload some of the replays

I think this is a meta I'd do much better in than in normal OU battles, since the teambuilding would be straightforward XD

I personally don't like the choice items: for a moderate boost to (insert stat here), I can only use one move, which means the opponent can switch into something that resists it, but I have another move on the same mon that they are weak to. I only really find use for them on pokemon I use u turn or volt switch on.

I personally don't like the choice items: for a moderate boost to (insert stat here), I can only use one move, which means the opponent can switch into something that resists it, but I have another move on the same mon that they are weak to. I only really find use for them on pokemon I use u turn or volt switch on.

T
That is kinda the point of the metagame

This is not a post discussing if the items are good ot not

Probably should have started with "this doesn't sound like something I would like because...". Sorry about that.

Reactions: Zukrad
This sounds fun :p, someone should host a tourney with these rules and I'd totally rock it.

I'm down for a tourney with these rules :p
I might actually stand a chance for once...

Back