• Thread starter PsycheTrance
  • Start date

Do you use Circle Pad Pro on MH?

• Total voters
PsycheTrance

PsycheTrance

Have some Friendliness Pellets!™
Towns Folk
Been wondering how many MH players here use the CPP when playing.
Regular 3DS CPPs are quite hard to find so I ended up getting used to the touchscreen camera controls.

What a pitty! cause to me, the circle pad control makes a huge change in the gamplay of monster hunter, easier to move the camera and even more comfortable to hold your system. When I bought the game, I waited untill I had the ccp to start it cause I have experienced the demo version trying the camera wih the touchscreen, awful!

I don't really find this a problem, as I started the Monster Hunter series on the PSP, with Monster Hunter Tri.
I quickly got used to targeting enemies using the L button, and that carried over to the 3D Monster Hunters. I find it quite easy to control the camera, as Legend of Zelda games also employ a similar mechanic.
I have even played FPS games on my PSP without a second analog stick, so that shows how used to it I am :giggle:

I got used to using the virtual D-Pad and as I understand it, CCP slows the system down, anyways.

I've never played Monster Hunter with it though I do own one for the original 3DS (which I no longer own) but I really like using the touchscreen controls.

If the Circle pad pro is the round grey button on the 3ds well it works good on my 3ds and throughout the game and helps me to move freely even though the cover for my CCP comes off quite often.As for the D-pad which is below the CCP I use it for the camera.

If the Circle pad pro is the round grey button on the 3ds well it works good on my 3ds and throughout the game and helps me to move freely even though the cover for my CCP comes off quite often.As for the D-pad which is below the CCP I use it for the camera.
I think you should Google the CCP.

I got used to using the virtual D-Pad and as I understand it, CCP slows the system down, anyways.

Oh wow the CPP affects the game like that? Well that sucks. Weird how no one mentioned that to me before.

I don't think its that big of a problem if you don't use a circle pad and just use the virtual d pad instead. It's really easy to use because my thumb is right next to the touch screen so I can just slightly tap it and change the screen. I wonder how the new 3ds"s circle pad will compare to the pro one in monster hunter

Oh wow the CPP affects the game like that? Well that sucks. Weird how no one mentioned that to me before.
They don't mention it because it isn't game-breaking, but it can be noticeable.

I suppose it depends on what you are used to. For someone like me who rather use physical controls, I would go for the Circle Pad Pro but for people who keep a steady hand on the Touch screen, They may not need the add-on. But it wouldn't matter as much as the NEW 3DS XL has that built in :)

Back