Citizens of Earth

• Thread starter dwikrid
  • Start date
dwikrid

dwikrid

Noblesse Oblige
Towns Folk
Citizens of Earth was actually a indie game crowd-funded through Kickstarter, yet it failed. This morning (in my local timestamp), I found that Atlus decided to act as the producer, also the publisher. They released a teaser trailer today, but if you want to get a deeper picture about it, just search the Kickstarter page :p
Citizens of Earth is a retro-RPG with Earthbound touch (involving real world persons/jobs/etc). The premise is simple (yet interesting): we are the Vice President elected through the dark oblivion of campaigns. It saddens us that after the election, the world starts to crumble with chaos, and so on. We have to recruit 40 characters (just like 108 Stars of Destiny) with different personality/job/etc to save the world!
Oh well: Atlus is holding a contest that lets us to create the 41st character, and I'm submitting one. If I got finalist and you found that my character is interesting enough, would you like to vote it? Thanks :D

i took a look at it and it seemed well good - but a few things they could do better :p i don't see why it failed ?
what happened ?

Kickstarter is a system that your game is crowd-funded when enough fund to the developer's target is collected in certain time (usually in a month).
It was failed because the fund target was not achieved. Fortunately Atlus saw the game as potential one and decided to act as producer (Atlus) and publisher (Atlus USA). The game is slated for 2014 release as a downloadable title (so, just wait).

Kickstarter is a system that your game is crowd-funded when enough fund to the developer's target is collected in certain time (usually in a month).
It was failed because the fund target was not achieved. Fortunately Atlus saw the game as potential one and decided to act as producer (Atlus) and publisher (Atlus USA). The game is slated for 2014 release as a downloadable title (so, just wait).
oh ok then :p lol wish it came out already :p

Oh my glob, this game sounds awesome!
The premise is simple (yet interesting): we are the Vice President elected through the dark oblivion of campaigns. It saddens us that after the election, the world starts to crumble with chaos, and so on. We have to recruit 40 characters (just like 108 Stars of Destiny) with different personality/job/etc to save the world!
:love: This sounds really interesting, I can't wait to hear more/see more of the game. Of course I'd vote, just send me the link once your character has been approved and up for voting :)

Reactions: dwikrid
I saw the trailer Nintendo posted a few days ago, and this game looks like a modern Earthbound. Here's the trailer, I'm excited for this game actually, it looks like fun.

New Trailer, has been announced for the Citizens of Earth game:

Also, to add to that trailer, some details has been announced today:
- New Vice President needs to save the world
- Game is about character recruitment
- 41 characters can be recruited; these include your mom, the local barista
- Everyone in the game is either a potential party member or an enemy
- Progression is propelled forward by these recruiting quests or quests to investigate the circumstances of an enemy
- Tasks: “check this out” actions to longer hunts for enemies
- Gameplay length determined by the players
- Character collecting is one of the most extensive things in this game, but it’s not required
- Can go through the game without recruiting many characters at all
- Can lengthen the gameplay by aiming to fill the roster, exploring all the bizarre character possibilities

It looks as a old funny cartoon game

Well, I have to say it's amazing that it succeeded after it failed. Atlus must have really seen something in this game. You know what? It sounds cool to me :D

I am still wondering why they postponed the realease date of the game. And what about the game, is it an rpg or an action game? I think it has somehow influences from Earthbound, doesn't it?

Back