Cloud saves important note

• Thread starter 28142
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch/Nintendo-Switch-Online/FAQ-1374625.html said:
Q. After my Nintendo Switch Online subscription expires, will my Save Data Cloud files and Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online save data be erased?

A. Save data stored with Save Data Cloud cannot be kept outside of the duration of your Nintendo Switch Online membership. Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online also uses the Save Data Cloud, so the same applies. However, if you keep the Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online save data saved locally on your Nintendo Switch console, then you can use it again if you purchase another membership.

TL;DR: As soon as your subscription runs out, all your cloud saves are wiped. Even if your subscription runs out for a single day, or even less then a day, then you renew it, all your save data on the cloud will be 100% gone.

This is a major contrast to Playstation, who keeps cloud save data for at least 6 months after your PS+ subscription runs out, and Xbox which offers cloud saves to anyone regardless of subscriptions.

This is probably the dumbest thing I've heard come out of this online service. If for ANY reason your subscription lapses, then tough luck, cloud saves are all gone. If this continues, I'm gonna end up having to do what I did with my 3ds, homebrew it *just* to be able to back up saves. That is not something that should be the only option to back up local saves but it's something Nintendo just can't seem to get away from.

That is actually really stupid. What if your switch happens to be broken at the time? What if your subscription breaks for some reason in the middle of the subscription? What if you are not sure when your subscription will end? This was a really dumb idea of Nintendo. Letting the saves sit for even just a week would be good!

sad to hear that nintendo save back up system is the weakest from the 3 .
was hoping that it would give a little time to renew before wiping saves.
but that is not the case it seems.
my games with save files i want to back up in some way are all on my psp.
i am aware this will be big with pokemon players of switch games in the coming years.
i did not have any high hopes for the save data cloud nintendo feature.
at the very least it finally exists.
hope it inproves/upgrades in the future.

It probably will not change. You will just have to remember to renew it before it runs out.

Ouchh that sucks specially for those who mybe get payed a few days after there end date or something.. In a way in my opinion its almost like a fale advertise since ull lose ur stuff anyways with or without an online sub zzz

I was really stoked about the cloud save feature, but this piece of news feels like a kick in the guts. I mean, other consoles offer a much more user-friendly cloud saving system, why can't Nintendo follow their examples instead of just forcing users to pay another month's subscription right up in order to maintain their saves? That's so lame...
hope it inproves/upgrades in the future.
I do hope so!

Yeah that was a really bad decision by Nintendo. Like seriously...

I think if there fan base comes at em enough bout that itll eventually change.. Fans and ppl who love something always end up making the change just gotta have hopes

I think if there fan base comes at em enough bout that itll eventually change.. Fans and ppl who love something always end up making the change just gotta have hopes
Good thought but I think that would likely not happen. Idk though...

Good thought but I think that would likely not happen. Idk though...
Geuss itll be a waiting game for us.. Just gotta give it some time

Yep you just gotta wait things out. Who knows what will happen.

Reactions: xNo1Hatedx
Back