Comic Workshop Coming to 3DS on...

• Thread starter Kaidan
  • Start date
Kaidan

Kaidan

Defying gender roles since 1999! ✿✿
Towns Folk
17th July in North America!~

Collavier Corporation, a Japanese developer specializing in digital-only titles for Nintendo portables, is bringing its comic creation tool Comic Workshop to the 3DS eShop on 17th July in North America. The application will cost $7.99 and offer many helpful features for budding Bruce Timms — including, as the game's page handily points out, an option for lefty comic craftsmen.
More details at official website!
(Link in sources section)
index03_sample01.png
index03_sample02.png
index03_sample03.png
Source(s);
NintendoLife

Official Website

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yay. Manga art here I - wait $7.99? I'll have to stick with doodles. I can't pay $8 and still be faced with the fact that I'm horrible at drawing. :bag:

Good thing it's being localized though; we could even have a 3DS art thread in the Anime/Manga section :p. I wish there was a better way to share the art than having to get the SD card out.

Reactions: Kaidan
Good thing it gets localized, but I can't draw on the screen (@Spinnerweb, it's the same here, when I use the screen, the "art" I make gets horrible).

So, yeah, that might be a good thing if some members here would like to express their imagination.

I wish there was a better way to share the art than having to get the SD card out.
There is, they have a whole publishing community!~ More info on official website, here.

I can't draw on the screen (@Spinnerweb, it's the same here, when I use the screen, the "art" I make gets horrible).

What 3ds are you using? Drawing on the XL is very comfortable, I use Art Academy on it and get masterpieces made!~ ^^

What 3ds are you using? Drawing on the XL is very comfortable, I use Art Academy on it and get masterpieces made!~ ^^

3DS XL too. But, I don't feel as comfortable as if I was drawing on paper, thus, my stylus slide really easily on the DS and the 3DS. (Future Picasso, maybe :rotfl: ?)

Oh, finally this comic maker app is up on North America 3DS region. $7.99 isn't expensive for an app, yet I don't know whether I'll be productive using 3DS for drawing manga... (Because you bought it for games).

:eek: I'm surprise this even came to North America, this is great news, but I agree: $7.99 is way too much for me to pay just so I can doodle around, I'm more looking forward to seeing some talented artists make some incredible art-pieces.

:eek: I'm surprise this even came to North America, this is great news, but I agree: $7.99 is way too much for me to pay just so I can doodle around, I'm more looking forward to seeing some talented artists make some incredible art-pieces.
Well, the similar software for PC is way more expensive - and you need a drawing tablet, too.
But of course, our first priority is buying games, right? :p

Well, the similar software for PC is way more expensive - and you need a drawing tablet, too.
Yup, I'm no artist so I'm gonna quote something from Reggie Fils-Aime: "Not my problem". I rather spend my money on games.
REGGIE2.gif

Drawing tablet ? What's this ? :rotfl: (don't worry, I know what it is)
I always use my Android tablet to draw on my computer (there's some apps that allow you to do it!)
But yes, image editing software on PC (Photoshop included) are very expensive.
Finally, yes, we have a 3DS to buy games and not the first thing that won't be useful/entertaining to us, right ?

Yes, @D4rkDragon. One thing to make sure for you guys who are interested in this apps. Just check the site to see whether the feature worth $7.99 ^^

Back