Support Needed Compatible Adapter for SNES to a 4K/UHD TV

• Thread starter PrimordialMew24
  • Start date
PrimordialMew24

PrimordialMew24

Custom Title
Towns Folk
Just as the title says I need an adapter the allows an SNES to play on a 4K/UHD TV. I looked on Amazon and Best Buy online and I got so confused. I'm thinking I'll go to Best Buy or a local cable supply store and ask in person. However, I'm open to suggestions to what you the community have used to fix this dilemma.

Don't you just need and RCA to HDMI converter? I've never had an SNES, but my NES just uses the RCA (red, white, and yellow) cords. You could probably find something that switches between them. I don't really know what I'm talking about though.

I got a new tv, and the cord I have works for it. I don't even know what that one is thouth.

Don't you just need and RCA to HDMI converter? I've never had an SNES, but my NES just uses the RCA (red, white, and yellow) cords. You could probably find something that switches between them. I don't really know what I'm talking about though.

This is what I was looking at but some are HDMI to RCA and visa versa and aren't always labeled properly. Maybe specific products and or brands for the job?

I don't know anything about this. I was mostly just guessing. You'd probably be better off asking someone else who's more knowledgeable than me.

IIRC those adapters can never get better resolution than 1080p though, so if you were expecting full on 4K resolution through that it's not gonna happen short of a special console. On the other hand I don't see why you would need to have it at 4K seeing as the game's visuals are pixels/sprites on SNES.

Ignore the latter comment if you're just looking for something to simply read the AV signal.

I was anticipating some improvement, but nowhere near the 4K resolution. Primarily the adapter is to get the SNES to play on the 4K/UHD TV, which lacks the proper hookups for a retro system.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
Back