Competitive Builds (G6): Mawile-Mega

• Thread starter CrazyElf
  • Start date
CrazyElf

CrazyElf

Apart of Santa's Workshop
Towns Folk
Mawile wasn't the best Pokemon introduced in Gen 3. It only has a BST of 380 and it's highest stat is HP, which isn't very high. But since the introduce of Mega Evolutions in Gen 6, Mega Mawile received a huge buff. The BST increases to 480, and it gains the ability Huge Power, which will double the user's attack, meaning a very high Attack stat. Mawile also got a great Defense and Sp. Defense boost, but still lacks Speed, as the Speed did not increase. But Mega Mawile is a powerful Pokemon, and is constantly used in competitive play. Below are useful sets for Mega Mawile.

Mawile@Mawilite
Huge Power
EVS-252 HP 252 Attack 4 Defense
Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Play Rough
-Iron Head/Fire Fang
-Sucker Punch
This is by far, the most known of Mega Mawile sets. Since this is constantly used in competitive play, this Mawile set is very predictable. It may not be the best choice, but it is still worth using. Swords Dance is for the Attack increase. Play Rough is STAB. Iron Head is STAB too, but Fire Fang is coverage, so you have a choice of using what move. Finally, Sucker Punch is for the Priority, as Mega-Mawile has terrible Speed.

Mawile@Mawilite
Huge Power
EVS-252 HP 252 Attack 4 Sp. Defense
Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Iron Head
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
This set isn't mine. I got it from a friend, so he gets the credit for making this set. I battled him and surprisingly, this set was very good. The Elemental Punches are coverage, while Iron Head is STAB. Swords Dance is for the Attack increase.

Mawile@Mawilite
Huge Power
EVS-252 HP 252 Attack 4 Speed
Adamant
-Substitute
-Play Rough
-Sucker Punch
-Fire Fang/Ice Fang
This set is similar to the 1st. Just a few changes. Play Rough=STAB, Sucker Punch=STAB, Fire Fang or Ice Fang is coverage. I would personally recommend Ice Fang, for the Ground coverage. Substitute is for hiding.

Mawile@Mawilite
Huge Power
EVS-248 Attack 252 HP 8 Sp. Defense
Adamant
-Play Rough
-Iron Head
-Ice Fang
-Stone Edge
This is a set used to offer great coverage. Everything is self explanatory.

These sets are really all that I could think of. Mega Mawile doesn't have a big variety of moves to me. Most sets will probably look like one of these. Another option of a move is Protect. Protect says it all. To protect. Also, try to get the Elemental Punches instead of the Elemental Fangs, as the Punches are better. Although, you have to get them from Gen 5 via MoveTutor. You're in luck if your PokeBank pass didn't expire. If you have a set you use, post one below! Anyways, see all of you guys later!

Reactions: Gecko and FirstSerpent
I think the best is the first one with fire fang.

Reactions: CrazyElf
Mawile wasn't the best Pokemon introduced in Gen 3. It only has a BST of 380 and it's highest stat is HP, which isn't very high. But since the introduce of Mega Evolutions in Gen 6, Mega Mawile received a huge buff. The BST increases to 480, and it gains the ability Huge Power, which will double the user's attack, meaning a very high Attack stat. Mawile also got a great Defense and Sp. Defense boost, but still lacks Speed, as the Speed did not increase. But Mega Mawile is a powerful Pokemon, and is constantly used in competitive play. Below are useful sets for Mega Mawile.

Mawile@Mawilite
Huge Power
EVS-252 HP 252 Attack 4 Defense
Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Play Rough
-Iron Head/Fire Fang
-Sucker Punch
This is by far, the most known of Mega Mawile sets. Since this is constantly used in competitive play, this Mawile set is very predictable. It may not be the best choice, but it is still worth using. Swords Dance is for the Attack increase. Play Rough is STAB. Iron Head is STAB too, but Fire Fang is coverage, so you have a choice of using what move. Finally, Sucker Punch is for the Priority, as Mega-Mawile has terrible Speed.

Mawile@Mawilite
Huge Power
EVS-252 HP 252 Attack 4 Sp. Defense
Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Iron Head
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
This set isn't mine. I got it from a friend, so he gets the credit for making this set. I battled him and surprisingly, this set was very good. The Elemental Punches are coverage, while Iron Head is STAB. Swords Dance is for the Attack increase.

Mawile@Mawilite
Huge Power
EVS-252 HP 252 Attack 4 Speed
Adamant
-Substitute
-Play Rough
-Sucker Punch
-Fire Fang/Ice Fang
This set is similar to the 1st. Just a few changes. Play Rough=STAB, Sucker Punch=STAB, Fire Fang or Ice Fang is coverage. I would personally recommend Ice Fang, for the Ground coverage. Substitute is for hiding.

Mawile@Mawilite
Huge Power
EVS-248 Attack 252 HP 8 Sp. Defense
Adamant
-Play Rough
-Iron Head
-Ice Fang
-Stone Edge
This is a set used to offer great coverage. Everything is self explanatory.

These sets are really all that I could think of. Mega Mawile doesn't have a big variety of moves to me. Most sets will probably look like one of these. Another option of a move is Protect. Protect says it all. To protect. Also, try to get the Elemental Punches instead of the Elemental Fangs, as the Punches are better. Although, you have to get them from Gen 5 via MoveTutor. You're in luck if your PokeBank pass didn't expire. If you have a set you use, post one below! Anyways, see all of you guys later!
I think any of the sets that have fairy type moves on them are fairly good, because they allow you to pwn tons of dark types.

I think any of the sets that have fairy type moves on them are fairly good, because they allow you to pwn tons of dark types.
Uhm, I guess...owning Dark types with a Fairy move isn't really the point of these builds...

Reactions: Gecko
Uhm, I guess...owning Dark types with a Fairy move isn't really the point of these builds...
I know, but its fun as heck!

But it sure is good coverage against Sableye and Mandibuzz amd whatever Dragon types the opponent has. That's why most teams have fire types is to take out this guy and Scizor.

Gotta love my Hannah lol

Mawile (Hannah) (Female)
Ability: Intimidate -> Huge Power
Item: Mawilite
Adamant
EV: HP 252 Atk 252 Spd 4
Moves
Swords Dance
Fire Fang
Play Rough
Sucker Punch

Yeah ik its just any other competitive Mawile >.> Except for the Nickname and trained with lots of love :D

Back