Moon/Sun Complaints About Pokémon Sun and Moon

• Thread starter pokerus
  • Start date
pokerus

pokerus

Helpful Virus
Towns Folk
Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I've been online but I've decided to come back. Anyway, I just got Pokémon Sun not too long ago. You might be wondering why I got it later than most people. Basically, I didn't want it. It looked kinda bad, to be honest. The only exciting thing was the better graphics. But now I have it, and I wasn't surprised that it is pretty bad so far.

One of the main selling points of Sun and Moon was that it was going to be different than the previous games. There are no longer gym leaders or badges. There are these things called trials to replace it. Honestly I had no clue what I was doing for the first part of the game because everything was so new.

Z-Powers are ridiculous. I literally hate them. It's just a knock off mega evolution that is pretty confusing to use. I have yet to use the Z-Power in battle (besides the first time I tried of course).

The worst part of Sun and Moon is the "calling for help" thing. I despise wild Pokemon now that they can call for help for what feels like all eternity. A thirty second Pokémon battle can take up to five minutes, which is truly annoying when I'm trying to progress through the story after an already slow introduction.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. I just don't think it meets the expectations of the previous games. I don't know, maybe I have to continue playing to get more into it. But as of now, I do not like it at all.

Reactions: Mikaya
I got this game and then sold it after two weeks. My main huge complaint is that they FORCE you do play the whole storyline. You can even do what you want. I am not wanting to play final Fantasy I'm wanting to play pokemon. HUGE disaster.

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I've been online but I've decided to come back. Anyway, I just got Pokémon Sun not too long ago. You might be wondering why I got it later than most people. Basically, I didn't want it. It looked kinda bad, to be honest. The only exciting thing was the better graphics. But now I have it, and I wasn't surprised that it is pretty bad so far.

One of the main selling points of Sun and Moon was that it was going to be different than the previous games. There are no longer gym leaders or badges. There are these things called trials to replace it. Honestly I had no clue what I was doing for the first part of the game because everything was so new.

Z-Powers are ridiculous. I literally hate them. It's just a knock off mega evolution that is pretty confusing to use. I have yet to use the Z-Power in battle (besides the first time I tried of course).

The worst part of Sun and Moon is the "calling for help" thing. I despise wild Pokemon now that they can call for help for what feels like all eternity. A thirty second Pokémon battle can take up to five minutes, which is truly annoying when I'm trying to progress through the story after an already slow introduction.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. I just don't think it meets the expectations of the previous games. I don't know, maybe I have to continue playing to get more into it. But as of now, I do not like it at all.
First of, I loved Pokémon Moon. The atmosphere was great, I adore the customisation options and the game is so beautiful. I also like the story and the trials were more fun to me than gyms. I also like how the game gets pretty hard if you refuse to use healing items. At least these wild critters pack a punch.

That being said, I think this game was way too short for its price range. It feels like an indie game when it comes to length, but it's extraordinarily expensive.

As for Z-Moves, part of me hates them, part of me likes them. I dislike them because they weren't needed at all, they often look ridiculous and there is very little backstory to them (unlike with mega evolution)- but I like how silly they are. Suits the lighthearted atmosphere of Alola. That being said, I'd rather have an extra route than Z-Moves.

While Pokémon calling for help can annoy me out of my mind, it also makes battles a little more challenging, so I think I like that.

Reactions: Ashkil and Mikaya
I gotta say Pokémon Sun was my favorite of the whole Pokémon series not including spin offs.
I loved the new features,the new Pokémon and alolan forms (cough cough alolan marowak) the change in routine was awesome I liked how there weren't gyms it was a interesting change.
The whole gen 7 era is pretty much new and I love it it was actually much more challenging than previous games.
So all in all best game ever I don't hate it at all.

Yes, i understand your complaints and i do agree that the calling for help can be a pain and exasperating, especially early on when youre just starting off. Although, i want to also say its not entirely bad; that new feature is exploitable for various uses/ purposes such as leveling easier (with certain wilds) or even the more commonly noted SOS shiny chaining method (i hear many people use this for easy shinies, i did the trick on a day i had more spare time and it worked). Some wild Pokemon give good EXP and using SOS can help boost for a while if you know what youre doing (i believe Verlis on YouTube may have videos covering this, if im wrong my apologies but i think if anyone has something real on this most likely him). Another thing that can help make this even better is using poke beans on your pokemon. I have found using just two rainbow beans and then a patterned one is a fast an easy way to cap out affection with little time.

As for the Z-moves, i actually like those quite a lot, especially oceanic operetta, that one is marvelous and beauty at its finest. :p too bad milotic didn't get that one though, it wouldve made her even better in my opinion hehe ^~^

The whole gen 7 is pretty much new and I love it it was actually much more challenging than previous games.Z moves sucks and makes me pour bleach on my cartilage. I just hate them with a burning passion. It's just a stupid, confusing mega evolution that is pretty confusing to use. I also don't like that these Pokemon can get help, It like bees on a hot summer day calling their fams to help them sting all the life outta you. And it makes battles so much longer.

The whole gen 7 is pretty much new and I love it it was actually much more challenging than previous games.Z moves sucks and makes me pour bleach on my cartilage. I just hate them with a burning passion. It's just a stupid, confusing mega evolution that is pretty confusing to use. I also don't like that these Pokemon can get help, It like bees on a hot summer day calling their fams to help them sting all the life outta you. And it makes battles so much longer.

Yes i understand them calling for help at a undesirable time can be kinda annoying, but if you really get too tired about it you can try soft reset+ one turn quick ball if youre just trying to level easier (a easy way to game the system so to speak, but remember this isnt possible in totem fights of course or unfinished trials). I do that to level mine for my own reasons, but its just an idea if you get tired of SOS problems (not saying you have to but its a suggestion).

I think Pokémon Sun and Moon are doing nicely in terms of pretty good storyline and all, even though sadly it's not without its problems. For me, one main problem was the lack of National Pokédex in-game (unless if you own PokéBank). After numerous Pokémon games with National Dex added, Sun and Moon looks tad bit odd without them around in-game. Plus, I'm sure National Dex should be accessible to everyone even though some may be unable to get the PokéBank.

I think Pokémon Sun and Moon are doing nicely in terms of pretty good storyline and all, even though sadly it's not without its problems. For me, one main problem was the lack of National Pokédex in-game (unless if you own PokéBank). After numerous Pokémon games with National Dex added, Sun and Moon looks tad bit odd without them around in-game. Plus, I'm sure National Dex should be accessible to everyone even though some may be unable to get the PokéBank.

So no national pokedex without pokebank ? Well that clears up my question concerning that lol, i thought there would be a future update for the game itself that would give access to it for quite some time (and i see that still hasn't happened so....). I do agree it feels pretty awkward not having national pokedex especially since all the previous games did have it by default at some point. Feels a little awkward getting a litwik in wonder trade with no dex number next to it (yes that actually happened to me kek) XD

*Although pokemon sun and moon introduced many new features and pokemon( gotta admit some of them had very cool design) but i still felt something was missing......
*Chracter customization is limited which simply sucks .
*Many mega stones are not present in game .

*Although pokemon sun and moon introduced many new features and pokemon( gotta admit some of them had very cool design) but i still felt something was missing......
*Chracter customization is limited which simply sucks .
*Many mega stones are not present in game .

Yeah i thought the problems with customization were kinda annoying too, i would try to get some hat in the game or whatever headpiece something and even though i couldn't use it on my character it still wouldn't even give me like a preview some other way so i knew what it looks like. I know its not a real big deal but it can be a inconvenience when youre in a hurry or dont know what hairstyle it will work with

Yeah my main complain is that the game story was so short I would have rather had a more complete game like they had with pokemon platinum. As for designs, I can't really blame them for making bad ones cause it is very difficult to design pokémon especially when they have made so many

;);););)Actually, I do like Pokemon Sun, but not as my favorites (Gen 2 and 3). I think that SOS battle might be a pain (though it almost never happens that I'm stuck catching a Pokemon and then it calls for help), but if you want it to happen then it's really helpful. In my opinion the Festival Plaza and Poke Pelago were great additions to the games and I hope that it will continue in the next games. No National Pokedex was weird to me, but it wasn't terrible. The plot was very good, and I agree it was a bit short. I literally played for more than 100 hours in BOTW and didn't finish it but I finished Pokemon Sun in around 15 hours. The trials were fun to me, but not fun as gyms. For rating I will give it around 8.8 (Yeah that was a mini review ;))

Reactions: PersonSP
I played the Sun/Moon demo, and the NPC dialogue is simply suffocating. Tutorial x 50
That, and you're limited in so many ways. I wanted to go off finding cool new pokemon straightaway, but nah. I have to do some request or plot point thing to "learn" or "earn the privelege" to do that. >.> The first one, I wasn't upset about. But after that, I'm still not free? Like, are you kidding me?? >.<

This is why I've never bought I pokemon game. I really want to, because of all the cool/cute-looking pokemon, but it seems it's not playable enough to warrant playing to have fun. It'd be more of a chore, I think. I don't like when games get that way, needless to say.

I played the Sun/Moon demo, and the NPC dialogue is simply suffocating. Tutorial x 50
That, and you're limited in so many ways. I wanted to go off finding cool new pokemon straightaway, but nah. I have to do some request or plot point thing to "learn" or "earn the privelege" to do that. >.> The first one, I wasn't upset about. But after that, I'm still not free? Like, are you kidding me?? >.<

This is why I've never bought I pokemon game. I really want to, because of all the cool/cute-looking pokemon, but it seems it's not playable enough to warrant playing to have fun. It'd be more of a chore, I think. I don't like when games get that way, needless to say.
The demo was very different from the game itself. Apart from the setting and some features they showed, it didn't even come close

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
The demo was very different from the game itself. Apart from the setting and some features they showed, it didn't even come close

Yes that may be true but don't forget it's a demo, demos aren't supposed to fully support the full version of games or match them perfectly, just a taste of the game so to speak (sorry if that didn't make sense did my best). The best way to put it though is its just rippled parts of the full game since its meant to be shorter (an spoiler free i assume but im no expert so might be wrong).

Yes that may be true but don't forget it's a demo, demos aren't supposed to fully support the full version of games or match them perfectly, just a taste of the game so to speak (sorry if that didn't make sense did my best). The best way to put it though is its just rippled parts of the full game since its meant to be shorter (an spoiler free i assume but im no expert so might be wrong).
Correct, but this was a bad demo.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
Back