Votes: 11 73.3%
  • This is pathetic...

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
@blue4848 were discussing this for a short while on another thread, but I'm kinda curious what thoughts are regarding this kind of thing.

What could the game be like? How revolutionary could it be? Is it something you want?

that would be awesome

Sure it could be a great feature, but it would be greater with cross-platform compatibility. (Like some MMOs whose servers handles two different systems)
Also, it would need to take place in another region, not in the main series ones, otherwise, people will be asking to get all the regions, and you'll see the big 8GB download coming...

Anyways, seems legit !

Sure it could be a great feature, but it would be greater with cross-platform compatibility. (Like some MMOs whose servers handles two different systems)
Also, it would need to take place in another region, not in the main series ones, otherwise, people will be asking to get all the regions, and you'll see the big 8GB download coming...

Anyways, seems legit !
I think that they could do this as an expandable MMO kind of like World of Warcraft if they ever felt like it. That's not to say it'd be the same regions as the ones in the game, but just some food for thought

I think that they could do this as an expandable MMO kind of like World of Warcraft if they ever felt like it. That's not to say it'd be the same regions as the ones in the game, but just some food for thought

Yeah, but I hope that they will not be "Paid Event Pokemons". I know that they often do "Paid things" on Free MMOs to make the servers runs, but, seriously... On Pokemon, that would be beyond the Unfair Level for kids whose parents don't want to pay !

lol that would be amazing but probably more then 8 giga bytes
they should do this - god so many people will be playing this - hell i would

Wouldn't want to be playing on it , bet when you get online you just crash immediately since it's a MMO game for the pokemon franchise which means many people that is lag.

lol that would be amazing but probably more then 8 giga bytes
they should do this - god so many people will be playing this - hell i would
Perhaps it could take up a lot of space, but I'm not too sure it'd be THAT much if it was all based online like WoW. I'm not completely sure on this though, so don't quote me on that

Wouldn't want to be playing on it , bet when you get online you just crash immediately since it's a MMO game for the pokemon franchise which means many people that is lag.
They could just make a server specifically designed for this and it could be structured differently from how Pokebank was. Pokebank's launch failure is not necessarily a good reason for saying this one would fail. Also, keep in mind that I'm pretty sure World of Warcraft is a lot more busier than Pokemon....

I guess an MMO would be fun to play, but I don't think it will be easy to implement. First of all, the game would have to be for the Wii U/any home console. Since it's an always online game, the 3DS just wouldn't be a good fit. With that basic requirement satisfied, it would be up to Game Freak to decide how to move on from there. It could be a very large region packed with NPCs. I'm thinking the battles could be like Wizard 101 where you go up and challenge trainers walking about. I doubt this will happen in the next 3-5 years, maybe even never, but I think it has a chance before Game Freak stops making Pokemon games (in like 2030).

MMO's would ve really awesome in Pokemon. I already use the multi-player a lot and that will make me want to make me play it more. But sadly, it would be really difficult to code.

I don't think the coding part will be difficult, it's more of an issue of whether or not the game makes sense for the franchise. What exactly is it trying to achieve that the other games don't? Game Freak would be ready to make a new type of Pokemon game, but finding something that has never been done before will be a challenge. Coding the game isn't the hard part, the hard part is figuring out what the game is supposed to be.

Honestly, I think this would be great! It would be fun to play (and hopefully free too) and would be a great addition to the pokemon franchise! I really hope they make this!

This idea is great! I can already imagine a new League Of Legends, or a new Wizard 101, but Pokemon version :). Anyways, this idea would be a really good addition to the Pokemon Franchise. Although, this would be difficult to implement. You would need to decide what console it should be on, what region it would be on, etc. Also, there has to be a reason why these games were created. What is the goal of a Pokemon MMO? GameFreak would really have a challenge when making these games, because it was never done. Anyways, I can imagine this Pokemon MMO set in a new region. You battle NPCs while other people battle them too. You run around with your Pokemon exploring new areas, battling online, trading, etc.

Back