Splatoon 2 Concerning hackers in the online and save data ?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
So ive been playing splatoon 2 for some time and the game is great, definitely one of favorites on my switch so far, but after hearing about people who have already found ways to hack the game im a little concerned about how others using cheats online would affect legit players besides it obviously taking the fun away for everyone else. Ive heard of things going wrong concerning splatoon cheaters involving save data corruption and/or save data being reset or erased. Im wondering if this really is true, would cheats someone else is using cause legit players to lose their save data or would the issue only be the case for the hacker and not affect people who play normally? I imagine nintendo will keep releasing patches for the game tho which is great and i support that, but im buying the octo expansion which sounds like its going to be huge (lots of levels/ stages to complete), and it would really suck to lose everything because somebody couldnt play right online XP

Reactions: Mikaya
Nintendo have been banning hackers and such, and due to how the servers are, legit players shouldn't get affected.

I think on the lead up to Online nintendo will keep continuing to crack down on hackers, and prehaps update the backend/code to slow down the amount of hacks coming out and make it more inconvenient for hackers to make/distribute hacks.

I've not heard about save data being corrupted and such, that just sounds like people haven't been installing mods correctly and just mess up their game.

Reactions: Kadaj and Mikaya
Nintendo have been banning hackers and such, and due to how the servers are, legit players shouldn't get affected.

I think on the lead up to Online nintendo will keep continuing to crack down on hackers, and prehaps update the backend/code to slow down the amount of hacks coming out and make it more inconvenient for hackers to make/distribute hacks.

I've not heard about save data being corrupted and such, that just sounds like people haven't been installing mods correctly and just mess up their game.
oh i see, thanks for explaining. i was concerned mainly because i know weird stuff can happen when you use cheats and they can screw up your game. didnt know if this would affect people who play normally like me or not tho about the save data part since you run into the cheater. thanks.

Reactions: Mikaya
Back