SwSh Concerns about the Crown Tundra Raids in Sword and Shield...

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
the island of armor, from what ive seen of it, seems to have some good raids (except blissey... if i see a 5* one when i play it im using the glitch. some things arent worth trying) and has a pretty nice special pokemon that got added as well. the kram o matic is also very nice and my favorite addition is definitely the max soup next to urshifu, i can go back to breeding and get a shiny gmax much easier like this without going through the original (and likely most atrocious) method of den resetting. it took far too many resets and pretty much forced you to use the den glitch to farm these or it was more than likely impossible. but even with a technically fast method it was too easy for the reset hours to pile up, with max soup we can use traditional methods of shining hunting (these are much more tolerable/ enjoyable than the former method for gmaxes) and get the gmax we want mostly regardless of our owned version of the game and this imo is amazing.

now the crown tundra is next up... and im hoping for the best on this one. when they announced returning legendaries and new legendary forms my first thought was 'oh great, i get to be driven mad by impossible 5* legend raids'. fortunately island of armor did not do this... and i hope to the freaking world the crown tundra doesnt either. flooding the second half of the DLC with legendary raids is exactly what i dont want in this game. almost every legendary has AOEs that will instant game over on 5* and are even difficult to survive with well trained pokemon. they need to either lock these to 4* or reduce the barriers a lot on 5* or it will be a dead game for players like me. to be honest, the carnage was easily bad enough solo on gigas in the base game (especially drednaw, snorlax, and toxitricity without lightning rod)... it especially sucked if you just got to the post game with no partners to hard carry. but legendary 5*? i would just say dont even bother trying at that extreme.

another major problem with max level legendary raids is randoms arent coordinated or competent enough to handle them. in fact, these are so broken even skilled people will die a lot! i had so many partners in a 5* shiny zeroara and it took a whole day of death montage before we finally managed to beat him (4 person game as well, so bad sign since potential legendary raids in crown tundra will more than likely get worse than the this... we will hit the brink of impossible with mons like reshiram and kyurem ob 5*... very bad if that happens even playing online). even online this level of insanity is just too hard and it comes to luck for winning it. another bad sign is ive heard the mewtwo was worse... i hope if there are legendary raids in the crown tundra that theyre appropriately nerfed especially for offline play. even online these get nasty way too quickly its not even funny =(

I actually enjoyed Zeroara being kind of OP because Pokemon doesn't really offer many difficult challenges and you can usually just win with a high level pokemon :p. Against Zeroara I had to think what pokemon I was sending and it was fun trying some until I was able to beat him like half of the times (playing with random people).

Anyways, I think if you want to make sure you are gonna beat the legendaries, you can grab 3 friends or 3 people from the internet (like, from here :D) and prepare a team that can counter those mons.

I actually enjoyed Zeroara being kind of OP because Pokemon doesn't really offer many difficult challenges and you can usually just win with a high level pokemon :p. Against Zeroara I had to think what pokemon I was sending and it was fun trying some until I was able to beat him like half of the times (playing with random people).

Anyways, I think if you want to make sure you are gonna beat the legendaries, you can grab 3 friends or 3 people from the internet (like, from here :D) and prepare a team that can counter those mons.
i dont personally like it when it gets too ridiculous. not only is it hard enough just to beat these madhouse fights, but if they horde these in the DLC we have to worry about successfully catching them as well... not a very pleasant addition tbh. i think 5* is ok online only for these but offline is hopeless, pure carnage and makes it impossible for solo players or people with limited internet access and the already bad rants everywhere will just be a complete outburst if gamefreak doesnt fix the terrible (and very repetitive) AI problem its going to be a dead game for at least half the people especially as far as grinding goes. they need to be locked to 4* (at least!) when not playing online if gamefreak is seriously going for legend abuse.

this was why i purposefully sat out mewtwo and zeroara, sometimes you know when its not worth the frustrating and repetitive carnage and dont even bother trying =/

Back