"Connection has been lost" issue in Splatoon

• Thread starter bobobo
  • Start date
B

bobobo

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
I'm sorry about poor English, I'm not English speaker as 1st language, and studying English now.

Im glad to see you all of you. Since last Christmas or new year, I got disconnected to internet very frequently, like 6 to 7 times out of 10 match when I play Splatoon, and displayed "Connection has been lost" on screen. I could normally log in to lobby after the disconnection without showing "connecting internet" sentence.

I've already wired connected btw router and Wii U by LAN cable. and there are NOT any problem when I see video on Youtube or Netflix, and use Internet browser through Wii U. So, I can't think there are problems in my Wii U system or my router.

So, I strongly doubt that there is some kinds of problems in nintendo server, or splatoon server.
Is anyone have same problem? or Does anyone can give me suggestion to solve this problem? I love this game but I can't keep interest with such a frequent disconnection, cuz I certainly bother anonymous teammate in all other the world and I feel guilt for it.

I'm having a lot of connection issues in Splatoon too, and I'm disappointed to see that wiring your console didn't help at all, since it was my next try to be able to play properly.

It seems like Nintendo's online infrastructure lacks for Splatoon, as I didn't really see this on MK8...

It seems I have the most connection issues when I'm playing with all Japanese players, yet I personally haven't witnessed too many disconnects during the times I've playing the game (probably less than 10 total). If only the connections were as good as they were back in the splatoon testfires, this wouldn't be that big of a predicament. xP

We have like the best internet in the world and we still get disconnected at least twice a day

Thank to all of you, i felt little relieves you guys have same experience.

When you guys think "Japanese internet connections are sucks", there is a fact; lots of Japanese KIDS (like the age of elementary school students) use TETHERING INTERNET OF SMARTPHONE FOR SPLATOON.
Japanese internet speed is 5th fastest in the world, ( over than half of house internet records above 10MB/sec). However many parents prohibit the children to play video games and banned to connect Wifi to Wii U for trying to focus on studying, you can imagine that as like asian stereotype. lol In the result, children found loophole, tethering.

And these kids are obviously hated by other Japanese splatoon players such as my friends in japan who has relatively fast internet in the house and using LAN cables, but still the kids really want to play the game even though the kids know haters and other players in same match are frustrating terribly by horrible lag and disconnection issue...

Any way, I have 2 news.
1. After I change MTU value in internet setting, the disconnection issue decreased barely.
Result; Now I got disconnected 5 to 6 times out of 10 games.
2. I tired private battles, because I guessed the private battle use different server from ranked match or regular battle.
Result; Unfortunately, I was disconnected frequently as same as ranked and regular match.

I will wait for the next maintenance coming on Jan/11/2016, then if the situation wouldn't be better, I'd sell Wii U n Splatoon...

I run into the issue every now and again, despite having a very reliable/stable connection. There are times when it happens numerous times in a row, and it can get very annoying. I think the online Splatoon servers aren't really that good. I even test my connection after it happens once, and there are no issues, so I'm left confused. It can be a pain when I'm in a match, especially if it's a ranked battle, my rank points go down which is really unfair. ;_;

My rank points drops S47 to A- 44 while I keep 80% win ratio! When I won in ranked match 8 times out of 10 matches with 2 loses, I've already got disconnected 8 to 10 times! lol
I don't know why, but these 3 days were my internet connection became little bit better, and I could continue to win ranked matches 14 times straightly and I came back to A88. Then I disconnected 3 times and now I'm at A55. :)

Now I can play regular battles appx 5 to 10 times before I got internet disconnected 1 to 2 times.

i be going through the same problem too because whether i'm doing online multiplayer with my friends it seems like the connection would be interrupted while were playing. now i come to reason that it is starting to get annoying because who wants to be interrupted while playing and have to go on system settings to do a internet connection. it seems like when you connect to the internet the first time it will work perfectly but then a few weeks later then you will see some changes. like a few minutes about to play and then a connection error would appear prompting you to start again (sigh) so annoying.

I got demoted twice because of this error

Final report.
I got personal contract with Time warner; plan is $50/month, for 100/10 Mbps and rental of internet modem. And wire connect from modem to Wii U directly then the issue was completely resolved.
IT COST but WORTH IT for unstressful gaming life.

I had this same problem so I called Nintendo.do customer support and I got a really helpful employee to tell me all of this (happened on the first or second update so I couldn't play Splatoon for a long while till now) and she said that you need a internet connection of 1.5/2.0 Mbps or higher.

Back