• Thread starter TheWay123
  • Start date
TheWay123

TheWay123

Great King of Evil
Towns Folk
I had Photoshop laying around, so I opened it up and I made a sig. Here:

O8khDL.png

What do you guys think? What can I do better?

Thanks

Last edited:
I would watch a bit how the text blends in with the picture~ while it's good on one side, the whitening makes it blend and not as noticeable.

Reactions: TheWay123
I agree. Maybe just put it down by a small number of pixels so that it's on the background Ganondorf's arm, which is dark, so we can see the text better ?

Also, those pink areas on the far right side are weird. I think they are part of the explosion or something, but if we could either see a bit more of the explosion or not see those pink parts, it would be better in my opinion because right now, we're just wondering why there's pink in the middle of white.

d12Ftc.png

How about this? I added Drop Shadow so it wouldn't blend in and I stretched the background a bit to take out that pink stuff you were talking about.

Last edited:
It's neat I'm able to read it colors are ok my only worry is it meant to be blurry in the background

Yep, I added Motion Blur to the background to put more attention to the foreground.

Ok then think its a good signature

Thanks

I think it lacks work on it? Basically it is a blurred background with a render on the left and a text on the right.

Maybe adding more effects in the sig, more blends, more texture. Put more work on the text? It feels empty to me how it is like that :)

Tried to do it with that large image you gave (so, with the purple and pink parts on the right).
I also used gaussian blur instead of the motion (?) one you used, and made it a gradient so only the left side is blurred.
And since I didn't know which font you used, I picked the one I found that looked most like yours :p
warlockpunch2.png

Alright @SunnyWindy which effects do you recommend?

Well, I don't necessarily agree with the lack of work/effects. See for example how this CM12 theme is ugly while this one is simpler but renders a lot better (less 1976 like).

But of course, it depends on tastes, if you like to have a whole pack of effects, use them. Otherwise, don't ;)

A mobile theme =/= a signature though. A simple mobile theme makes it better to see what you're doing, it's comparing apples and oranges here :)

For what you're trying to do here, maybe adding some C4Ds and textures would help? a little work around the render, maybe something in front of the render to help layer the sig?

It's just that I feel like putting a render on top of a picture can't really be called your work per say, it lacks "something" to say it's you who made it?

It's hard to explain =/

What do you mean by C4Ds? Where do you get your textures BTW?

Thanks. I'll be working on one after I get back from a friend's house.

Back